iPhone 4S on iOS 7...shutter and cam not working

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by dankduke, Feb 4, 2014.

1. dankduke

dankduke Member
    Bronze

my sister has an iPhone 4S and the camera does not fully function....
    here are the issues when she opens the camera the shutter opens and displays
    perfectly fine so you can take a picture however. once i press the shutter button
    the camera goes black and does not record the picture and then closes out.

Does anyone know how to fix this? what the issue means? whats the deal...

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try a hard reset. Press the home and lock buttons at the same time for several seconds.

3. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Just had exactly that situation - hard reset was successful ... I don't use the camera a lot,mbut this is not the first use since the iOS update ..... Just 'one of those thingsā€˜ ...

#3 dmoskaluk, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  4. alicepattinson

Bronze

My 4s before had a situation like this when I first upgraded to iOS7. But after reset, it went okay and I also turned off unnecessary settings, etc.

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

The hard reset should do the trick. Just hold down the lock button and home buttons, at the same time, for 10-15 seconds until the white Apple appears then release and allow the phone to reboot and try it again. Let us know it that helps.

6. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

It did in my case...as it always has for a host of other issues, mostly pre iOS 7.... It was suggested that going beyond iOS6 (6.1.3 in my case) could put undue demands on phones of the 4/4S genre, but I have found that not to be at all true. Both my wife's and my 4S's show improved performance in many areas, and the 'bells and whistles & other frippery' which have been indicated to be 'battery or data sappers' ( the auto refreshes, auto updates, and screen motion effects) seem to cause almost as much havoc with the 5, 5S as with the 4S ( at least- I can't speak for iPhone 4) I disabled a lot of the fancy stuff shortly after going to iOS7 -albeit I did wait until iOS7.0.4 to take the plunge ( simply to gather feedback re stability and bugs) I did however do iOS7.0.6 within 2 days of release, and will probably do 7.1 within a few days of its becoming available. ;)