iPhone 4S Otterbox case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by iphonewarrior, Sep 22, 2011.

1. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

"New soft-looking volume buttons being on right side of iPhone 4S can probably be attributed to the "volume button to take pic" iOS5 feature."

Sounds inaccurate to me. Every camera I've ever used had the shutter button on the right side of the camera. If they moved the volume buttons to the other side of the phone then that means the shutter button will be on the left side of the phone which feels awkward to me. Why would Apple go against conventional shutter button placement and change the place were their customers are used to having the volume buttons?

3. Redneck1996

Redneck1996 Zealot

It might be because they'll actually be using the volume buttons as the shutter button. Or if that's not the case (which i highly boubt) it could be an issue with space inside the phone.

4. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

No, im aware that the volume button is going to be the shutter button. Grab your phone and pretend like the volume buttons r on the right side of the phone and imagine using them to take a picture, then imagine taking a picture with the volume buttons where they r now. moving the buttons would mean that u r using your left index finger to take the picture not your right. if they leave the volume buttons where they r now then it would work out fine.

5. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

I use the Cydia tweak Snappy to take pics with my volume button, and I use my thumb (I usually hold my phone with my left hand, as I'm lefty). If the volume buttons were reversed, I'd just use my index finger.

I think the case is legit.

6. shugo

shugo Member
    Bronze

Hold the phone vertically, and it would feel fine, would it not?

Personally, I see nothing wrong with putting the volume buttons on the right of the phone. Seems legit to me.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

7. Arcangel2176

Arcangel2176 Member
    Silver