iPhone 4S photo albums

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Vlkoslav, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Vlkoslav

Vlkoslav New Member

I recently restored my phone to completely factory (yes intended, and wanted), and all my photos were gone, but on my computer. Hence, I created a new folder for them and synced them onto the phone via iTunes, but this is where my issue comes in. They sync fine, and they're all there, but when I go to the photo app on my phone, it created two albums, one the stock Photo Library, containing all the photos, and two, the folder name, containing all the SAME photos. Is there a way to delete the folder named album and just remain with the stock Photo Library? Thanks!

tl'dr: I want to only have Camera Roll and Photo Library, nothing else. Is this possible?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I understand exactly what you're describing. I have the same issue. Camera Roll, Photo Library, and iPod Photo Cache. I believe this help link should help you. You're pretty much using iTunes, plug your iPhone in and go to the photos tab where you can then choose which folder you'd like to remove. :)

http://www.ehow.com/how_6967308_delete-photo-folders-iphone.html

3. Vlkoslav

Vlkoslav New Member

Ah yes, I tried this, but since the created folder, and the photo library share the same synced pictures, when I remove the sync from the created folder, it removes the pictures from both of the albums. Thus, leaving me with only the Camera Roll.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Have you tried removing the photo folder and syncing just the photos back to your iPhone through iTunes? They also have programs to sync photos to your device.

5. Vlkoslav

Vlkoslav New Member

I thought in order to sync pictures, they had to be in a folder, can I just select the photos from my PC library by themselves?

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Technically yes, or you can use the already made "My Pictures". This new link may assist you.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7196285_sync-photos-iphone.html

7. Vlkoslav

Vlkoslav New Member

Still in iTunes, it wants me to select a folder, not the images themselves, and when synced it will just give me the same result.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I think I have found a good answer for your problem.

http://www.limfy.com/how-to-remove-or-delete-photo-album-on-iphone/

If not, this is a tricky process. iTunes has its own mind sometimes. :)