iPhone 4S picture's file properties not compartible with Windows?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by COTTONx, Nov 1, 2011.

1. COTTONx

COTTONx New Member

"iPhone 4S picture properties is not compartible with Windows? Editing cannot be done on the computer because of the error "Windows Photo Viewer can't save the changes to this picture because there's a problem with the picture's file properties". Any help?

Photos transferred from my iPhone 4S are not editable on Windows. (I am running on Windows 7 x64 bit). A little online search and I found out that it may be due to the metadata saved by the 4S being corrupted. Is there any solution to this?

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

How did you transfer the photos to your pc?

3. COTTONx

COTTONx New Member

Ermm I did so by transferring it as though a flash drive.
    My Computer >> Apple iPhone >> Internal Storage >> DCIM >> 860OKMZO >> (drag the photos to my desktop).

I was unable to do simple editing eg rotating. ):

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Email the photo to yourself and open it through your email on your pc and save it. See if that works. Pain I know but will solve your problem. When you plug your phone into your computer it doesn't detect a new device and recognize it as a digital camera?

5. COTTONx

COTTONx New Member

When I plug in my phone the computer detects my device as a "Portable Device".

I shall try emailing, and I will get back to you. Thanks :)

6. rkerr6

rkerr6 New Member

hi, sorry about the previous reply, my internet is glitchy, to say the least. I'm having the same issue, my pics show up sideways or upside down and then I can't edit them. I download them off my 4s by plugging it into my pc, which recognizes it as an Apple camera/phone. I'm a little frustrated because it renders my pics essentially useless. Please tell me there is another way besides emailing them to myself to fix this. Like I mentioned, my internet connection is not consistent.

7. Brnfox

Brnfox New Member

Maybe if you save it on a portable hard drive in a folder then out it in your pc I had a problem with videos & purchased a program to change my mpeg format to Mp4

8. Smalarz88

Smalarz88 New Member

Try opening them in paint, then rotate them from there. It worked for me.

9. COTTONx

COTTONx New Member

I was able to rotate with paint. Hey thanks! But just an extra step and you can't edit it while double clicking it. But thank you :)

10. Gabey8

Gabey8 New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose emailed photos are showing up sideways. Very aggravating. I know there are easy fixes to this, but it's still a pain in the rump. I hope that we see a fix for this little "feature".

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app