iPhone 4S Review

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
WOW! I can't believe you didn't get one the first day. Sorry though.
Nah, I couldn't anyway as I'm not eligible for a full upgrade with AT&T until the middle of November. I was checking with AT&T stores and Best Buy and they are all out of stock. I think I will just reserve one with the Apple Store.

Double KLM

Bronze
Aug 16, 2011
I'm still debating whether I should buy the 4S. I'm very happy with my 4. I won't qualify for the full upgrade from AT&T until Nov. 18th.
The performance of the iPhone4s alone is worth switching, not to mention Siri, and the incredible camera and video camera. Plus, you'll get better performance of ios5. Just saying!

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like I may be in luck now. AT&T is now showing I'm available for the full upgrade plus the $18 fee.

IMG_1139.PNG

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I went ahead and ordered my iPhone 4S 32GB tonight on Apple website. I thought I should now as it will take 1 to 2 weeks to ship to me. Ordering online was my only option as all the stores including Apple stores are all sold out.

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
I went ahead and ordered my iPhone 4S 32GB tonight on Apple website. I thought I should now as it will take 1 to 2 weeks to ship to me. Ordering online was my only option as all the stores including Apple stores are all sold out.
Cool. I really enjoy mine and I hope you enjoy yours too! My favorite upgrade is the camera. I never used to take this many pictures until I got the 4s.

Verizon iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
CONGRATS! Just so you know, you can get them to waive the $18 upgrade fee. When I paid my October Bill, I asked them to waive the $18 fee for my two iPhone 4S upgrades I just had and they did. It saved a little money. I saved over $42 on that because there was tax and something else added to the fee.

Call them up when you get your next bill and see it on there and ask them to waive the fee. They will. They did for me last year and this year.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
CONGRATS! Just so you know, you can get them to waive the $18 upgrade fee. When I paid my October Bill, I asked them to waive the $18 fee for my two iPhone 4S upgrades I just had and they did. It saved a little money. I saved over $42 on that because there was tax and something else added to the fee.

Call them up when you get your next bill and see it on there and ask them to waive the fee. They will. They did for me last year and this year.
Thanks Sharunda, For some reason when I looked at my credit card charges for the 4S I didn't see any $18 charge. It was just the $299 for 32 GB plus the terrible California taxes. Anyway, I set up my 4S last night which went very smoothly. I'm loving it! I was showing it off at work today, impressing co-workers with Siri. They were very entertained by it, telling what to say to her. I do notice that my battery drains much faster. Usually it is is around 50 percent when I leave work with my iPhone 4. Today the 4S was around 19 percent. I'm not sure if Siri is draining the battery. I do have a Mophie battery case so it isn't a huge deal.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Thanks Sharunda, For some reason when I looked at my credit card charges for the 4S I didn't see any $18 charge. It was just the $299 for 32 GB plus the terrible California taxes. Anyway, I set up my 4S last night which went very smoothly. I'm loving it! I was showing it off at work today, impressing co-workers with Siri. They were very entertained by it, telling what to say to her. I do notice that my battery drains much faster. Usually it is is around 50 percent when I leave work with my iPhone 4. Today the 4S was around 19 percent. I'm not sure if Siri is draining the battery. I do have a Mophie battery case so it isn't a huge deal.
You're welcome JWiPhone! The $18 won't show up as a charge to your credit card with the purchase of the phone. It will be on your next months bill. My charges are on the bill for Novemebr for me and I had them taken off. So, please give them a call and get it off of there.

Do you sign on to AT&T online to look at your account? If you do, you'll see the $18 charge on your next bill.

Wait, IDK if AT&T is your provider:unsure:. If they are not, you can still try with another carrier. I would. It never hurts to ask.

Yes, the co-workers want to see it and know everything about it. I love when they start to compare their phones to the iPhone. It can get sickning unless they are fellow iPhoneians. Siri is AWESOME! I love using it. People at work wanted to try mine out and it was a blast. They were amazed and it's only the beta version!

The battery does drain faster that's for sure. Apple is working on that. I hope the fix is coming soon. I have a Mophie Juice Pack Plus so I'm covered, but I want this fixed. One thing I can say is I think I must have worn out my iPhone 4 battery because it was getting to the point where I couldn't get through the day without topping it off before leaving work. With the iPhone 4 I have gone all day at work not topping it off and it lasting to 22% by the time I got home. The iPhone 4 didn't do that at the end. However, lately, the drain on the iPhone 4S is getting more significant. It's not like it was when I first got it. It's starting to show it's ass now.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Actually, today my battery did much better. It was in the 40 percent range compared to 19 percent yesterday. I did use Siri less today, perhaps that was the reason. I also have a Mophie battery case which I love. It gives me peace of mind about running out of battery power. Thanks for the info about the $18 fee. I will check my bill. Siri complained when i ask her what she was wearing. She said, 'Why do people always ask me that question?'

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I have the 4S with AT&T, and my only beef (so far) is that you can't disable 3G and just go with EDGE. I don't want it searching for 3G all the time when AT&T's 3G coverage in Ohio sucks. I'd like to be able to just use EDGE when I need to. You know how if you have a very weak 3G signal it'll still try and use it, and then poor signal and dropped calls ensue. Plus, I disable 3G to save battery sometimes.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I have the 4S with AT&T, and my only beef (so far) is that you can't disable 3G and just go with EDGE. I don't want it searching for 3G all the time when AT&T's 3G coverage in Ohio sucks. I'd like to be able to just use EDGE when I need to. You know how if you have a very weak 3G signal it'll still try and use it, and then poor signal and dropped calls ensue. Plus, I disable 3G to save battery sometimes.
I think there's a toggle for that once the untethered jailbreak is released.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
A Siri tip:

If you say 'Wikipedia this', this being any subject. it will open up that topic in Wikipedia automatically provided that there is a Wikipedia page for that topic.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
A Siri tip:

If you say 'Wikipedia this', this being any subject. it will open up that topic in Wikipedia automatically provided that there is a Wikipedia page for that topic.
Nice. You should make a thread about Siri tips and tricks.