iPhone 4S Review

Feb 19, 2012
Chester, UK
I wrestled with the idea of buying the iPhone 4s for 4 months before I decided I couldn't do without it any longer. Since getting it i've become obsessed with Siri and have found myself constantly entertaining myself by asking it to find information, set reminders, send text messages and more.

For me the technology is incredibly exciting, not just because of what it can do now but because of the potential it has in the future. The accuracy of the voice regognition is so good that it's not an unrealistic proposition that it could be extended to simply transcribe what is being said around me, in meetings, on the bus and on the move. The GPS tagging feature could even be used to geotag transcribed voice notes and automatically set reminders to follow up on meeting actions. In many ways this seems to be the beginning of a resolution where computers actually understand and interpret what we want or ask them to do without us taking explicit action!

M

msAdele

I wrestled with the idea of buying the iPhone 4s for 4 months before I decided I couldn't do without it any longer. Since getting it i've become obsessed with Siri and have found myself constantly entertaining myself by asking it to find information, set reminders, send text messages and more.

For me the technology is incredibly exciting, not just because of what it can do now but because of the potential it has in the future. The accuracy of the voice regognition is so good that it's not an unrealistic proposition that it could be extended to simply transcribe what is being said around me, in meetings, on the bus and on the move. The GPS tagging feature could even be used to geotag transcribed voice notes and automatically set reminders to follow up on meeting actions. In many ways this seems to be the beginning of a resolution where computers actually understand and interpret what we want or ask them to do without us taking explicit action!
That's nice. I am glad that you are making the most of your iPhone 4s and its features.

Jan 16, 2009
I have been reluctant to buy an iPhone for YEARS. I finally caved and got the iPhone 4S from Sprint. LOVE IT! My first thought was "what was I waiting for?" and then it occurred to me, pc-less setup is a big draw for me, the camera another. I am glad i waited for this phone, it is definitely worth it. Chris, nice review!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I have been reluctant to buy an iPhone for YEARS. I finally caved and got the iPhone 4S from Sprint. LOVE IT! My first thought was "what was I waiting for?" and then it occurred to me, pc-less setup is a big draw for me, the camera another. I am glad i waited for this phone, it is definitely worth it. Chris, nice review!
Welcome to eiC. It's been a long road through EverythingQ, EverythingPre and everythingAndroid.:D

SPA3010

Feb 12, 2012
Don't really like the feel of the 4 versus the 3 and given I have a car kit holder for the 3 I don't think I'll be changing, well not now with the 5 coming out but I guess that will feel the same?

copycarry

Oct 18, 2012
I fault iPhone4 battery seems less and less to the force, just like the full power only 80%.... All of a sudden point gone

bb112233

Oct 28, 2012
plus Samsung galaxy does not have a good resell status right now

S

s9ldier

Compared to other Smartphones it's the best outside of the iPhone 5. I'm using an iPhone 4 right now while i'm waiting on my upgrade for the 5. I hated every Droid I had before I switched to my iPhone. Now the only problem i've had is not having enough memory when I try to keep all my spotify playlist available offline.

mango44

Bronze
Oct 29, 2012
This is my 2nd smartphone (had htc hero prior) and between the 2, the iPhone 4s is so much better. Think I'll be sticking with this phone for a while. It really feels like it was built to last. Had this phone for near a year and still no issues.

akaneo

Jul 6, 2013
I miss my 4S, I remember staying up all night to pre-order it even though I had the flu and a terrible fever.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
You'll be able to do the same thing again in a few months. Hopefully minus the flu, of course.

Last edited by a moderator: