iPhone 4s screen bug

Dex Pt'Chang

Bronze
Jan 15, 2012
Warburton, Victoria, Australia
I found this screen bug a while ago & so far I've never heard any chatter other than one response to the YouTube video. But it's real for sure I know this much.
It involves a single touch on a particular point on the screen & it swipes! Without any dragging. Check out my video. And before anyone makes the point, the nicotine stain on my fingie...I know is grose!

I just noticed it does it on the same spot on the right hand side, if you touch it, it swipes to the right. If your trying to do it....if you have a folder or App on the bottom row,on the left side., the 1st letter on the label, diagonally down to the left, about 2-3mm.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
It's most certainly a bug lol, features are listed, bugs are unexpected Ted aberrant behavior not listed due to being unknown by the developer.

Bullgod

Bronze
Oct 15, 2012
Isn't it easier just to give it a little swipe to change screens?

Cent from my iPhone using iCafe app

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
It appears to me to be simply an extension of the pages bar that is just above the tray icons. I personally don't think it is a bug. My phone and iPad both behave the same way when touching in this area. Only works if roughly on the same line as the small dots that indicate the menu page you are on. Further, touching this area when on the home screen causing the same behaviour as a swipe to the right bringing up the Spotlight search menu.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yes, this is part of anything that has a paging metaphor. You can tap the left half of the page control to scroll to the left, and the right half to scroll to the right. Happens on the home screen, weather, stocks, and in the tab view of Safari.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
It works anywhere on the same plane as the page dots, it is a feature. I seem to remember it being mention a long time ago when 4.0 came out same time as folders and spotlight came out.