iPhone 4S screen shattered, can I fix with my iPhone 3 screen

Jun 9, 2013
I recently shattered the screen on my iPhone 4S. I have an old iPhone 3 that has a screen in great condition. Can I replace my 4S screen with the screen of my 3. If so, what does that entail and am I able to repair it on my own?

Thanks!

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I recently shattered the screen on my iPhone 4S. I have an old iPhone 3 that has a screen in great condition. Can I replace my 4S screen with the screen of my 3. If so, what does that entail and am I able to repair it on my own?

Thanks!
No, that will not work. They use different parts. If you feel like you're up for the task you can repair it yourself, but you'll need to order a 4S screen. The difficultly level is listed as "difficult." Here are directions:
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing iPhone 4S Display Assembly/7277/1

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007

Thanks!

Sent using iCafe app
Seems like you may be up for the challenge, if you decide to do as Europa suggested, I would just add that you may want to buy a screwmat for your particular model iPhone. I've found this repair job to be nearly impossible without it.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1370819700.138219.jpg