iPhone 4S use for music only

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Leesha L. Hears, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Leesha L. Hears

Leesha L. Hears New Member

Hello, Everyone.

I recently purchased an iPhone 6S and am using it as my main phone and my main everything else.

My 4S is in immaculate condition--and I found $35 as a trade-in to be an affront. I want to use my 4S to house my music, like an iPod. How do I go about accomplishing this feat?

So far, I've removed all of the apps that I know how to remove.

All the help in the world is what I need. My knowledge isn't as vast as is needed for this task. I appreciate whatever knowledge you can send my way.

Thank you,

Leesha L. Heard
    Arizona

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Should be as simple as syncing the music you have in/on iTunes to the 4s.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can sell it for more than $35 on Craigslist. Isn't your 6s big enough to store your music? If you decided to keep it, you just need to sync the music as stated above. You'll also want to avoid doing software updates or be prepared for what will happen since it won't have an active SIM card. You'll need to move your SIM card to the 4S activate it each time you update or restore. This will require a SIM card adapter since your 6s' SIM card is smaller than the one used in a 4S.

4. Leesha L. Hears

Leesha L. Hears New Member

Every time I attempt to sync the music only, everything else syncs too--apps, mail, etc. How do I ensure that I sync only the music?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Go through the tabs at the top in iTunes and uncheck the boxes for syncing apps and videos. Delete the email accounts from the phone through the Settings app.

6. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

7. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

What about using iCloud Music? Your purchased tunes & music in your library can be streamed to that old phone via wifi.