iPhone 4S, will it work in different countries?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by kse, Jul 21, 2013.

1. kse

kse New Member

I live in Hong Kong and I recently brought an iPhone 4S, but Im going to the UK to study, so this just came up will my iPhone still work in the UK?

Im just gonna buy a local sim card for the phone function, and not planning to sign up for any local plan, as i'll be using wifi whatsapp on the school campus most of the time

My iPhone is sync'ed to my laptop which I plan to bring with me abroad, will there be any problems to my iTunes due to the change in regions?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can use prepaid SIMs if it is unlocked. You can purchase factory unlocked iPhones or you can buy an IMEI unlock on eBay if there are any offered for your carrier. Otherwise you'll to use your current SIM and pay roaming charges to your carrier.

3. kse

kse New Member

did some googling myself, so I need to get my phone "network unlocked"? well Im not too fond of paying 500 pounds each month for the roaming changes so that's not gonna happen

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You need to get the phone unlocked. When you buy an IMEI unlock you will need to find one for the carrier it's locked to.