iPhone 4S with cracked screen

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Can I still have the screen replaced for a fee at the Apple store without Apple care? My son cracked his screen when he dropped it last night.
They won't repair it on the spot, but they will offer you a replacement for $150 (I believe) at the Genius Bar. Non contract pricing.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I have seen kiosks in malls that will replace both the front and the back with custom plates for about $130.

Clay125

Bronze
Mar 16, 2011
I replace front iPhone 4&4s glass for $60, black or white. $80 for colors. Try to find a local iPhone repair place.

John Tierney

Heretic
Bronze
May 1, 2011
Massachusetts
Ok, my daughter cracked her screen recently. She has been having "software" issues as well, Genius Bar tells her to restore to new and manually install apps and music again, they thought backup had been corrupted. This did not solve her problems. We went back to Genius Bar Sunday morning they looked t her phone and decided it was still software based, and the restore she did could not resolve this. I then told tech I would like to get screen fixed by third party, but did not want to void warranty. He agreed that would be a bad idea, and stated cracked screen has nothing to do with software issues. My daughter walked out with a refurbished phone.
:) if you have a store close by vist them a few times after restores and I'm sure they will give you a new phone. Good luck.
P.S. phone is still under warranty correct?