iPhone 4S with cracked screen

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by flightmedic, Oct 27, 2012.

1. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

Can I still have the screen replaced for a fee at the Apple store without Apple care? My son cracked his screen when he dropped it last night.

2. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

They won't repair it on the spot, but they will offer you a replacement for $150 (I believe) at the Genius Bar. Non contract pricing.

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I have seen kiosks in malls that will replace both the front and the back with custom plates for about $130.

4. Clay125

Clay125 Member
    Bronze

I replace front iPhone 4&4s glass for $60, black or white. $80 for colors. Try to find a local iPhone repair place.

5. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

Is it still under the 1 year warranty? If so, if it's a single crack, it's covered. If its a shatter or a spider web crack, you'll have to pay.

6. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

Going out of network, though, will negate my warrant won't it?

7. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

It's an Apple warranty, not a carrier warranty. Doesn't matter what company you're with.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I can get in DC repair $49 at 3rd party store

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

There's one also in Alexandria or Arlington, if I recall. My brother and his family have used it.

10. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Ok, my daughter cracked her screen recently. She has been having "software" issues as well, Genius Bar tells her to restore to new and manually install apps and music again, they thought backup had been corrupted. This did not solve her problems. We went back to Genius Bar Sunday morning they looked t her phone and decided it was still software based, and the restore she did could not resolve this. I then told tech I would like to get screen fixed by third party, but did not want to void warranty. He agreed that would be a bad idea, and stated cracked screen has nothing to do with software issues. My daughter walked out with a refurbished phone.
    :) if you have a store close by vist them a few times after restores and I'm sure they will give you a new phone. Good luck.
    P.S. phone is still under warranty correct?