iPhone 5 and GeoHot, what will happen in the next four weeks?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by {StatuSChecKa}, Aug 22, 2012.

1. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

First of all does George Hotz still work for Apple, didn't they hire him to do something at one point?

Who thinks the new iPhone will have a bootloader built like a brick wall? Will it take days, weeks, or months for Cydia to reach the new iPhone.
    Not only will the hardware be an exploit issue but perhaps the final release of iOS6 will have tricks up its sleeve too. Of course the beta versions will have exploits all over it. So just because the betas are cracked don't get overzealous that the new items will be easy.
    Hell the only thing I want Cydia for anyway is Activator to Hold Volume Up for Next Track; and Muliflow. Maybe throw BiteSMS on that pile too. I am so done with theming. I feel as if I've grown past all the fancy things over the years.

Any thoughts or opinions?

2. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Thats a good question. I kinda forgot about GeoHot!
    Tom

3. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I thought he went to work for Facebook..., Not Apple. But I did hear he left and hopefully will help with the Jailbreak stuff.

4. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

DevTeam pwns anyway. Right around the time we are tired of iOS6 there will be a jailbreak.
    I swore it was Apple, but indeed it was Facebook. He left FaceBook 9 months ago; maybe he is still on our side? But honestly I think he is done with this. I bet he is tired of the lawsuits too.

5. Generic hack

Generic hack New Member

You guys were probably getting confused with comex going to work for Apple, Geohot even said he wouldn't work for them he doesn't like them

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, it was comex who worked for Apple for about a year, not geohot.