iPhone 5 at Verizon keeps freezing in messages

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Ty-, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Ty-

Ty- New Member

Hi,
    have a few group messages that i use daily, and lately it seems like when i receive a new message phone is freezes for approx 15 seconds, sometimes in that process, between messages it's not powering on for a full minute, it seems to be getting worse, even doing it with group turned off,
    things i tried.........
    deleted all messages,
    turned imessage off, then on again,
    restarted phone,
    reset all settings...... solved issue for a couple days,
    i'm getting fed up with it, and no it's not the network, i'm on wifi,
    ps.. my friends seem to be complaining about the same thing.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Hello. Welcome to the forum.

I see that you have already tried a few things to fix this issue you are having. One thing though that usually solves a lot of minor issue is doing a hard reset of your iPhone.

This is done by "holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears." http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/phone/#section_1

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

If a hard reset doesn't work, then connect to iTunes and Restore, select new after.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What firmware version and iPhone are you and your friends who are also experiencing it running? Group message texts freezing the phone was a common problem on 5.x. I've seen some reports of it on 6.x, but it's not as common. It's more common on the older phones. The more texts that come in at the same time, the more likely it is that it will happen. My phone once crashed when someone sent me a rapid sequence of about 18 texts.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Heheh...

6. Ty-

Ty- New Member

We are running the latest version of ios, this issue seemed to be worse at times, just did the hard reset like you suggested, will check if its working now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you noticed if it tends to happen more when a lot of messages are coming in at the same time?

I would also try rebooting once a day to see if that helps to decrease it.

8. Ty-

Ty- New Member

Yes, definitely worse when lots messages come in at once, at times its so bad it doesn't go on for a minute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD