iPhone 5 back beginning to flake?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I chose Audi over BMW. I love my Quattro.
I dumped my Ci last December, it went south on me pretty quick. That's what I have now and love it, but that soft paint really takes a beating. My fault for choosing black I guess.

Reactions: ipod

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Lets wrap it! It will protect your paint buddy(y)
You wrap cars? That's so cool! It's true, it'll preserve your paint. And you can just take it off if you get sick of it. Nothing permanent. It's the future of paint jobs I think. I've been wanting to have my Vette wrapped. Either in flat black, black mirror chrome, or flat reddish purple. Something around those ideas. Something gnarly. Something different.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I dumped my Ci last December, it went south on me pretty quick. That's what I have now and love it, but that soft paint really takes a beating. My fault for choosing black I guess.
Nothing like a silver Audi I think. Mine is silver. I think it's their flagship color. Like what red is to Ferrari.

You wrap cars? That's so cool! It's true, it'll preserve your paint. And you can just take it off if you get sick of it. Nothing permanent. It's the future of paint jobs I think. I've been wanting to wrap my Vette. Either flat black, black mirror chrome, or flat reddish purple. Something around those ideas. Something gnarly. Something different.
Yeah I have been wrapping a few cars for NFL players as of late. It is 100% paint protection. You can take it off at anytime and it will not harm or leave any glue residue. Check out my other posts in picture sharing. Posted a few pics of cars I have wrapped. Plus the new materials are really insane. They look like $10,000 paint jobs. Lots of flat black cars lately too.

Reactions: ipod

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Yeah I have been wrapping a few cars for NFL players as of late. It is 100% paint protection. You can take it off at anytime and it will not harm or leave any glue residue. Check out my other posts in picture sharing. Posted a few pics of cars I have wrapped. Plus the new materials are really insane. They look like $10,000 paint jobs. Lots of flat black cars lately too.
That's sick. I live in LA, so I see these things cruising all the time. I don't know how to search for pics of your work, got links by any chance?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Lets wrap it! It will protect your paint buddy(y)
Audi asked me 250 for it, they said its optional. I get it's optional but you should seriously look at the new Audi in black, besides the spider webs which I'm ok with it, anything that hits the car, and I mean anything, shows the white underneath the coating. My bimmer, after 10 year, paint was still intact.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
I just read the reviews on everythingicafe.com and one person said that they noticed a couple of the backs flaking/scratching. I really hope this isn't going to be a problem. They said that the white one may not look as bad...
I remember reading that article. I don't believe they were referring to back as much as the anodized bezel that goes around.

Napoleon Lopez

Bronze
Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana
I have the white one coming in today. Someone explain to me why the white one doesn't have the same problem as the black? Or is it that they both have the same problem, but you cant notice it on the white one?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I have the white one coming in today. Someone explain to me why the white one doesn't have the same problem as the black? Or is it that they both have the same problem, but you cant notice it on the white one?
The white has pretty much the standard silver bezel & the black one has the anodized slade colored one.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
What color was your Ci. Love my red Quattro and the color is great. I do find that the rims make or break the look but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Napoleon Lopez

Bronze
Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana
The white has pretty much the standard silver bezel & the black one has the anodized slade colored one.
Thanks. I saw online my phone was transferred to another facility closer to me. So i may not have to wait all day to get my phone. I figured this would happen. With so many extra orders, they probably rushed the processing of these phones to make sure they arrived on time. I will have to live with it now, if mine is scuffed. I have another question. How will Apple know that it came scuffed if i wait to exchange it? I don't want anyone accusing me of scratching it, if i wait to swap it.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the metal in question on the white version is already its natural color, so this issue doesn't apply to that model.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
What color was your Ci. Love my red Quattro and the color is great. I do find that the rims make or break the look but that's just my opinion.

Ci was silver, Audi is black black. I wanted brilliant black but didn't have anymore of them in the lot.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Ci was silver, Audi is black black. I wanted brilliant black but didn't have anymore of them in the lot.
I do find that some black's show wear and dust much quicker than other colors regardless of the make.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Looks like the 5 is less durable compared to the 4.