iPhone 5 backplate

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by iamtko, Oct 19, 2012.

1. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

I have mistakenly left my iPhone 5 out of a case and it has scratches and a dent(of course). At first I was kindof bummed because typically people want their electronics to be pristine and I thought I did too, but now I'm starting to lean toward liking the 'used' look. I remember that topic on here a while back of that 1stgen iPhone that was all scuffed up and I thought that was beautiful.

I don't know what this post is about..
    Basically the realization that's its OKAY to scratch your phone. That being said, I will be buying a Lifeproof case wen they're released because I do love being on the boat and there have been some close calls in the past.

Also want to try that life jacket :D

anyway this wasn't supposed to become a 'naked VS protected' thread but maybe it has...

2. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Or, if you could find someone to replace the back, you could get one of these.

#2 EverythingApple, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  3. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

Haha this post was exactly what spawned my thread idea. I saw that, youtubed a video on how to replace, and actually thought about replacing my back BUT I thought against it.

I've worked on all of the previous iPhone generations before, replace parts etc., and I was kindof intrigued to open my 5 up. I still might just to have a look-see but I don't want to replace the back yet because if I need to take it on to Apple, I'd have to do the whole process over again to put the old back on because Apple would know otherwise.

I'm worried about the front but I'm just gonna ignore it for now.

#3 iamtko, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013