iPhone 5 being banned before release?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by virgil, Aug 23, 2012.

1. virgil

virgil New Member

Has anyone heard of the lawsuit with Motorola and the possible US ban on the iPhone 5, iPad mini, and new iPod touch?

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

3. virgil

virgil New Member

I can't post links yet however if you go and search for Apple Motorola lawsuit then all the news will come up

4. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

all i can say is it's a doggie dog world out there and Apple started it. i truly hope it isn't true cause in the long run it's only the consumers who loose.

guess that's why there is over 22k replys i hate Apple facebook page and only 22 i hate Android facebook page.

5. lisaadams

lisaadams New Member

This can't be. Apple becomes the world number one company. They will not dispoint the consumers. All just is guess. We can not know until it acctually happens.

6. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Never happen.

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Needed a good laugh this morning. :ROFLMAO:

Nothing is impossible. I got a wisdom tooth ripped outta my head last Friday and I was awoke the whole time. :censored: Some people act like I should be dead now. Pain management baby! - Percocet for the Win! Maybe all the folks suing Apple need to take a few Percocet's for their pain management of being beat to death by Apple, a fruit for gods sakes. LOL! I hope none of the banning comes to light. People might riot in the streets! LOL! No, really, banning Apple Products would be historic and just not cool (for us consumers). Dag on it! I'll need a new iMac soon.

The punishment seems a little extreme and unbelievable but like I said Nothing is impossible. I'm going to take a perc. :p

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

A ban on products that haven't been announced. Even if you were to post a link, it'd probably be a bogus source. You cannot place a ban on unreleased products that don't exist.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Some posts have been deleted, because they were full copies of material found elsewhere on the Internet. Members are welcome to post their opinions, but it's not cool to post complete articles from other sites.

10. SlickRick

SlickRick Member

i believe envy was one of the seven deadly sins...poor motorola

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Are links to said deleted articles OK?

12. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

This will never happen. If it did, we would have WWIII on our hands!

13. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

14. virgil

virgil New Member

This site won't let me post links so how am I supposed to post the news and things that I have found to discuss?

15. virgil

virgil New Member

This just in, Samsung loses Apple patent case in the US.

16. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah, there is no ban on anything dealing with Apple and Samsung in the U.S. Even with Samsung's copyright infringements they are still permitted to sell their current products. There is a ban apparently in S. Korea, but I don't see that bothering me too much. I'm sure Apple will flex their legal muscle and get it appealed in no time.

17. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Samsung may continue to sell their products but Apple is gonna get a royalty on each sale in addition to the $Billion award. Expect prices to go up! ;)

18. virgil

virgil New Member

Could someone please explain this to me? I don't understand this about the "FRAND" or what it means for Apple in this lawsuit. Is it a good thing for Apple or a bad thing?

"None of the patents Motorola is accusing Apple of are standards essential, so they won’t have to be licensed to Apple under restrictive FRAND terms. And the whole batch, taken together, looks pretty impressive. Motorola also filed a parallel suit with the same patents in District Court of Delaware."

19. Vault-Tec Boy 23

Vault-Tec Boy 23 New Member

I don't think this will affect the market for either company