iPhone 5? But What to do with your Old iPhone?

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
You're spot on Europa. I'm still rocking my 3GS and my wife has the old 3G. The differences are huge (a fact that she is pointing out more and more each day).

We're planning on making the switch to VZN. What phone I get depends solely on whether a 4S model is announced. Otherwise, I might be looking at an Android.

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
Your right Europa. Seems like I didn't pay enough attention to details. But I still stick to my decision on seeing how good the next iPhone is. Even the iPhone 4 has flaws like the death grip at first. It's best to wait a few months after launch then.

pchambo

May 30, 2011
I completely agree with Europa, the 3G is a lot slower and the 3GS just had heaps of upgrades and added features. I'm still using my old 3GS, skipping the 4, and going straight on to the 5. Do we know yet if iOS 5 will be compatible with the 3GS? (some say yes, some say no)

Sandrine

Jun 30, 2011
If the new iPhone is worth spending money on it, I'll give my "old" one to my little sister.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I sold my iPhone 3G to some kid for the price of an iPhone 4. lol

I'll do the same next year (when I can upgrade) with the iPhone 5... unless the Android options are good too... We will see.

casssax

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
I kept my 3G when I got the 4. I was planning on selling it (actually that was the main reason I got the 4, because I could sell the old one to cover most of the cost) but then I found out that the Blue Mikey microphone that I use on the 3G doesn't work on the 4 so I ended up keeping the 3G just for recording. But I'll definitely sell the 4 to pay for the 5. According to ATT i have to wait until Nov. 17th to upgrade for $250 + $18.