iPhone 5 Cables/converters short supply

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
As we all know, lightning connector cables are backordered from Apple as are the adapters. On Monday they indicated 2-3 weeks for cables and 'ships in October' for the adapters. I ordered one of each.

Today I received notice that my lightning/USB cable has shipped, but the adapter continues to indicate October. So, cables seem to be getting less scarce and Apple now says 1-2 weeks availability. I'm just concerned that something happens to my only cable and only way to charge my iPhone 5.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Apple is shipping me a usb lighting cable because of not receiving my iPhone 5 yet The senior advisor called me yesterday it shipped this morning

Granted that wasn't one i ordered but it was fast

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
As we all know, lightning connector cables are backordered from Apple as are the adapters. On Monday they indicated 2-3 weeks for cables and 'ships in October' for the adapters. I ordered one of each.

Today I received notice that my lightning/USB cable has shipped, but the adapter continues to indicate October. So, cables seem to be getting less scarce and Apple now says 1-2 weeks availability. I'm just concerned that something happens to my only cable and only way to charge my iPhone 5.

That's my fear too. I had to go back to the house yesterday because I had forgotten to bring my cable out of the house. For that reason (and yes, I have posted this under different topics:rolleyes:) is that the adaptor should have come with the phone.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I can tell you the iPhone/adapter combo must have priority !
How do I know ?
I odered ahead of pre-order date! 2 cables and 1 adapter (I knew better then to wait)
Everything was prepping for shipping and to be here the 20th (1 day before launch)
Preorder date they canceled my adapter. Because I bet those phone adapter combinations were more important. If I knew that I'd added on in my phone cart. The cables came even a day early and I have really no need for the adapter so I canceld it.
If you are desperate check e-bay plenty of after market adapters there

Last edited by a moderator: