iPhone 5 Carrier Hacks

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by dokken2007, Jun 5, 2013.

1. dokken2007

dokken2007 Member
    Bronze

Has anyone installed the carrier hack that allows your LTE speeds to increase. I'm with Rogers and would like to try it out.

Sent using iCafe app

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I've only seen them for the major
    US carriers.....

3. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

I'm still a little hesitant to install such things. I haven't looked into them much, though, but my initial concerns would be with the removal of the mods and if they would have any sort of impact on battery life.

4. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I am intrigued, but can't see putting my precious JB at risk. Honestly, I rarely use 3G anyhow, and for me, the carrier hack reportedly only effects Sprint 3G data speeds....

I think battery impact would be negligible.
    Is the device working harder running an extra line of code? Would running freely with unfettered data restrictions cause the iPhone to work harder?

5. dokken2007

dokken2007 Member
    Bronze

I am running the hack. My speeds seem to be improved. Was running at about 14 up and 3 down previously.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1370525977.407253.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

6. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

I might have to give this a shot. I'm running Bell Mobility myself, and this was also something I was quite curious about since I heard about the hack, but without it I still get higher speeds than what you show in your screenshot.