iPhone 5 Case?

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I wonder about the thickness of this one though...I would think they would try to make the next iPhone thinner, or maybe they're following the same design.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
IMO, That's getting into the tablet stage. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
What are you even talking about tablet stage? First off the iPhone 5 is rumored to be smaller and thinner than iPhone4 bur the screen is supposed to be 4 inches or larger. So how is that tablet level?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
What are you even talking about tablet stage? First off the iPhone 5 is rumored to be smaller and thinner than iPhone4 bur the screen is supposed to be 4 inches or larger. So how is that tablet level?
People seem to think that larger screens naturally result in much larger phones. The EVO (4.3" screen) I tested last year was only a tiny bit larger than the 3GS I had at the time. I'd love a larger screen to make it into the iPhone 5.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
People seem to think that larger screens naturally result in much larger phones. The EVO (4.3" screen) I tested last year was only a tiny bit larger than the 3GS I had at the time. I'd love a larger screen to make it into the iPhone 5.
I know it's not that much larger, but a "tiny bit" (nearly an inch) makes a huge difference in how it looks and feels, especially if you're a girl with small hands and tight jeans with little pockets. ;)

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
some folks just feel like the iph4 screen is perfect just the way it is. and don't want a bigger screen even if the phones dims are the same, i just don't get thoes people but i still love them just the same;)

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
Well here is the point. I had all iPhones and since I left iPhone 4 every Android phone I have had has been 4 inches or greater and let me tell you. The iPhone screen is tiny compared to a 4 inch bur use something like the inspire 4G and you never want to go back.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Well here is the point. I had all iPhones and since I left iPhone 4 every Android phone I have had has been 4 inches or greater and let me tell you. The iPhone screen is tiny compared to a 4 inch bur use something like the inspire 4G and you never want to go back.
Well, not quite. I tested the EVO last year and went back to my iPhone. A larger screen is not the only criterion I use to choose a phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
some folks just feel like the iph4 screen is perfect just the way it is. and don't want a bigger screen even if the phones dims are the same, i just don't get thoes people but i still love them just the same;)
I haven't seen a single person say that. If they could increase screen size (there is some wasted space there) while keeping the same dimensions of the device, I'd be all for it. I just don't want (prefer) a bigger phone. I've accepted it's probably going to happen and it definitely won't stop me from upgrading, though.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I was referring too the iPhone will be thinner, bigger and taller. Thinner then the iPhone 4. iPad 2. Making it taller would make it bigger, iPad 2. Bigger screen, iPad 2. Now it would take a huge screen to become that size, phones are getting bigger. Some tablets are 7", not far from 4 really.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I was referring too the iPhone will be thinner, bigger and taller. Thinner then the iPhone 4. iPad 2. Making it taller would make it bigger, iPad 2. Bigger screen, iPad 2. Now it would take a huge screen to become that size, phones are getting bigger. Some tablets are 7", not far from 4 really.

I would be happy with an edge-to-edge, move the headpiece and ff camera up and extend the screen. I personally want to see the home button on the i5.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

And how are they selling?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I know it's not that much larger, but a "tiny bit" (nearly an inch) makes a huge difference in how it looks and feels, especially if you're a girl with small hands and tight jeans with little pockets. ;)
Ain't this the truth! U don't want to and can't put it in your back pocket and if you put it in your front, there may be weird looks and qlances at your ah...package. LOL! JK!

Tight jeans and pants are not friends of large phones. I NEVER put my phone in my bag. I have it in my jacket pocket or my front right pocket in the summer if it's not in my hand.

A lot of the HTC's I see are too big and IMO not girl friendly. I saw a girl on the train with an Android phone. Maybe it was an EVO. IDK but it was so big, I was sitting two seats behind her and was able to read her emails right along with her. When she got up to get off the train, she had a purse, and an overnight bag. She was confused as to where to put the phone for safe travel. She decided to put it in her front jeans pocket. The jeans were not only already tight, but they showed her butt crack when she was sitting. This was not a demure portion of a butt crack showing. No, it was deep and long, well down the middle of her butt. she may have well been naked. It was gross too cause the thong string was invisible, lost in the crack forever! Upon standing the butt crack wasn't as apparent, until she decided to put the phone in her pocket and that sealed the butt crack exposure deal. Again, she looked like a complete idiot. Butt crack with a thong, not in a photo shoot, 100% unsexy and down right skanky looking. In the end you pray for the thong.:( It had a good life before she purchased it. Nasty!

Getting back on track:

I don't mind the size of the iPhone 4. If they repeat the same size in the iPhone 5 that is not a problem. However, I am in favor of a larger screen and they can make it larger in the current size.

If the phone ends up a smidge bigger, that won't be a problem. Just don't make it as big as any of the HTC phones out now. Those are Huge!