iPhone 5 Concept for larger screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I saw this over on Cult Of Mac. It's a pretty cool concept for an iPhone 5 with a big screen. What do you think? Will Apple go big with the new iPhone 5?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I don't know about the 2 buttons. Just more moving parts to wear out. I can also see a lot of unintentional app switching. I wish they would do away with the hard home button and go with a soft, capacitive home button.

JubJubJub

Dec 22, 2011
I doubt they will change the single home button any time soon. It reflects the simplicity of the design and has become iconic for iDevices. I think they will also stick with the same dimensions. Innovation becomes extremely difficult when you lead the pack - you risk annoying your customers with new features added for the primary reason to differentiate the product fron the last one (Microsoft). Personally, I think the next major advances will be within software, connectivity and interoperability not hardware.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Concepts seem like 0.x variations on the 4. Couldn't even call it an upgrade the way the 4 was over the 3G/3GS.

The iMac, MBA/MBP and the Mac Pro desktop don't change much in appearance.

Maybe just call the iPhone iconic perfection and have done with it?

Sure dimensions can shift according to the screen choice but I think thematic changes should be substantive or not done at all.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think Rugaby got it right. It's not even worth commenting on this since it's just some random person's idea of what the user base would like to see next.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Is gambling against forum rules? Lets all send a dollar and make our predictions. Winner take all (and buy iPhone 5 or iPhone 4gs or whatever the heck they call it).

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app