iPhone 5 Concept for larger screen

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Fun to speculate and speculation is all that this thread is meant to be. Meanwhile, I will still adore my iPhone 4S, and I'm very happy with it. It will keep me well satisfied even if the next iPhone doesn't come out for another year.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I doubt screen size will exceed 4in let alone be 4.7. Battery life will have to improve not decrease. Physical home button will be there. All the little customization tools should be integrated as well similar to droid/iOS jailbroke devices.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Your first posts on here, trying to drag traffic to your site and that's all you come up with. Apologies up front but it deserves a little ripping so please deal with it.

Zero bezel? The status bar will be a pain to drag down without a case and horrible after. I guess the thing is made of adamantium and glasteel.

Hydrogen fuel cell battery? I bet you got the patent for that as obviously you're one of those that think that thunking it is 90% of the engineering. Here's the latest in such tech at one day old, http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/01/powertrekk-fuel-cell-charger-for-hikers-bikers/
Recharging it with water will be risky. Better have the rice bag ready. Maybe you were planning on hydrogen supply to the home.

And really, if you're gonna Google for some tech buzz then go all out. Give it an option for transparency, how about the water proof feature, a shark-skin inspired nano surface that is fingerprint proof, maybe an EMtooth alpha brain wifi to replace the button function with thought gesture (a thesture?) and where's the flux capacitor?

As for originality I'd label it the iPhone 4.0.1. A bit of stretching with Illustrator, rub out the face button, duplicate the power button and additional speakers. I guess you only had to time to work at making the video.

Anyway these threads are almost as bad as the vs Droid threads. The 4S is 3 months old. What bored already?

and yes I'm ranting but I also took some time to look and thunk about your design, call it even.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Your first posts on here, trying to drag traffic to your site and that's all you come up with. Apologies up front but it deserves a little ripping so please deal with it.

Zero bezel? The status bar will be a pain to drag down without a case and horrible after. I guess the thing is made of adamantium and glasteel.

Hydrogen fuel cell battery? I bet you got the patent for that as obviously you're one of those that think that thunking it is 90% of the engineering. Here's the latest in such tech at one day old, http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/01/powertrekk-fuel-cell-charger-for-hikers-bikers/
Recharging it with water will be risky. Better have the rice bag ready. Maybe you were planning on hydrogen supply to the home.

And really, if you're gonna Google for some tech buzz then go all out. Give it an option for transparency, how about the water proof feature, a shark-skin inspired nano surface that is fingerprint proof, maybe an EMtooth alpha brain wifi to replace the button function with thought gesture (a thesture?) and where's the flux capacitor?

As for originality I'd label it the iPhone 4.0.1. A bit of stretching with Illustrator, rub out the face button, duplicate the power button and additional speakers. I guess you only had to time to work at making the video.

Anyway these threads are almost as bad as the vs Droid threads. The 4S is 3 months old. What bored already?

and yes I'm ranting but I also took some time to look and thunk about your design, call it even.
I have to agree. There are too many "you wouldn't notice it unless it wasn't there" things about the iPhone that most of these concepts remove.

I could go through each of them, but I'd be beating a dead horse with another dead horse.

Don't get me wrong, I recognize it takes talent and creativity to put some of that stuff together, but maybe that energy should go to something more imaginative. The next iPhone has already been set in stone in terms of design and features for the last 2 years, and they're not even going to look at the garden variety CGI mockups on YouTube. That's how Apple rolls.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
i really don't think anyone will be making an edge to edge screen. i mean how will hold your phone without blocking out some portion of your screen, with your finger tips? or how would one even be able to put a bumper or case on it without blocking out some part of the screen. not too mention loosing the rigidness of the phone.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Also post 23 & 24 are links to the same YouFail video. Back to back posts to no one and suggesting a different video to further push the link, such SPAM.

Christopher Meinck

Administrator
Administrator
Sep 13, 2008
Spam removed. As a friendly reminder, please do not quote spam, as it adds a bit more to the removal process.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I guess I don't understand spam. What is it on here?
Most forums have a problem with spam. Some spammers are more clever than others, but it's usually ads or links for products in the post itself or in the signature. There is a report feature next to each post so the members can report it if they see it before a mod does. We ask that members refrain from replying to the spammers because then we have to remove the links in their quotes as well as the actual spam post. And if members reply to it without quoting it, it leads to confusion because the spam itself will be removed when the spammer is banned, but not the reply to spammer.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Most forums have a problem with spam. Some spammers are more clever than others, but it's usually ads or links for products in the post itself or in the signature. There is a report feature next to each post so the members can report it if they see it before a mod does. We ask that members refrain from replying to the spammers because then we have to remove the links in their quotes as well as the actual spam post. And if members reply to it without quoting it, it leads to confusion because the spam itself will be removed when the spammer is banned, but not the reply to spammer.
Okay then. Thank you.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app