iPhone 5 dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by lwerle, Mar 8, 2013.

1. lwerle

lwerle Member
    Bronze

My wife is eligible for an upgrade now. I would like to give her my iPhone 4s and get the iPhone 5. Should I? Do you think that the 5s (whenever it comes out) will be that much of an upgrade from the 5 to wait or should I pull the trigger?

Also, I have a $50 Apple gift card that was given to me. Could I purchase the phone on line through the Apple Store and still have in through my carrier? Can I get it in her name and switch it to me?

I know, a lot of questions but I really need your help. You are all so knowledgeable about Apple.

Thanks in advance.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Hello. I could not find a website such as Apple themselves discussing the iPhone 5S, but this one shows the differences between the 5 and the upcoming 5S, such as fingerprint reader. Usually it's not an extremely new device with many changes. The iPhone 5S will have a few changes, but not anything drastic.

http://mobile.theweek.com/article/index/240918/Apples-iphone-5s-everything-we-know-so-far

I would say that if these features are good for you and the iPhone 5 is also great, then go for the iPhone 5S. However, usually when a new device is released, the ones before get dropped in price; not immediately but in time.

Yes, you can order through Apple.com. The first thing you should do when you receive it is to either take it into your nearest store, or call them directly to have it transferred into your name. I have done this recently for the iPhone 5, using my moms upgrade.

Sent using iCafe app

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

And everything listed on that website is speculation / rumor ;)

Sent using iCafe app

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Unfortunately, that's going to be the way it is until the device is officially announced. However, I have heard about the fingerprint scanner. That is probably just a rumor for now as well.

For the OP, I would suggest to go for the iPhone 5, as there could possibly be a price reduction. If the iPhone 5S is anything like the 4S, it will be just to fix a few very minor things and add one or two features to better the device to get sales.

Sent using iCafe app

5. lwerle

lwerle Member
    Bronze

And that's why this app is the best. You guys (and girls) are awesome. Thank you!

Sent using iCafe app

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Not a problem at all. I'm glad we could help you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Jersey999

Jersey999 New Member

well, if your wife is not so emergent, maybe you can try to wait for the 5S, if it is not so good, you could still have the chance to choose 5.