iPhone 5 Discontinued, Will It Be In Demand?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Prozium12, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I wonder if the iPhone 5 in mint condition will become a sort after phone in a few months..got to say my ip5 black 32gb has been an epic phone for me no problems,its a shame it's being dumped.

Sent using iCafe app

2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Eventually it will be a desirable phone (for a while anyway).

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

As a reminder, please try to follow our new guidelines for improving the community. Most notably, try to create unique and descriptive titles that accurately reflect the content within the thread.

Thanks for your help!

As for the iPhone 5, I think it's an awesome iPhone. It's being killed because it's cheaper to make the iPhone 5c (and marketing new stuff). It will be forgotten in a few months. People will buy the iPhone 5s and those looking for a deal will grab the iPhone 5c. The savvy customer looking for a deal, will grab a close out on the iPhone 5.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

As my Craigslist buyer did. :D

5. nujsimon

nujsimon New Member

So what if they are dumping the iP5, as I don't need a new one. My iP5 has been doing what it should do, and so Im not so keen in getting the 5S immediately. Ill wait for actual user reviews of the 5S and wait if its worth upgrading.

Sent using iCafe app on my iPad

6. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I don't see it as them dumping the 5. Actually the 5 is being sold in the new Apple product line. The 5c is just a 5 w/a permanent colored back on it.

The 5 has better quality materials anyway but I doesn't seem like the 5 went anywhere. It's all in the marketing I guess.

Sent using iCafe app

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

? The iPhone 5 is being discontinued, the iPhone 5c is not an iPhone 5. There are differences between the two way beyond the plastic back.

8. avilearner

avilearner New Member

Virgin Mobile still has iPhone 5 for sale as well as Radio Shack (for Virgin). Sprint also lists iPhone 5 for sale.

Avi Learner • IndyMac
    Apple Certified Consultant
    Cell# 317.938.2158

9. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Of course literally a 5c is not a 5, i was speaking in figurative terms. Most articles I have read all say the core features are the same (processor, screen, speed, even display). Of course the 5c is heavier and a little bit larger due to the plastic. In summary it's the same animal just repackaged. I read they adjusted the camera for better lighting but megapixels are the same essentially

I've been reading articles like this one and that's what made me reply to this thread.

http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/apple-iphone-5c-vs-apple-iphone-5-1179980

Sent using iCafe app

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Understood. I just think that comparing the 5 to the 5c and then claiming that the 5 is not discontinued because of the similarities to the 5c is a little stretch. The plastic body on the 5c alone is enough of a difference to clearly separate the two.