iPhone 5 Exclusive on Sprint Only?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Good article. Can I wait to 1st quarter for LTE iPhone?

@BGR: Sprint guarantees to buy over $20 billion in iPhones from Apple, launching the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Dan Hesse is crazy. Sprint will be in the red until after 2014. He is betting on buying 30 million iPhones at 670 a piece.

@allthingsd: Sprint to "Bet the Company" on iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
That would explain why the event is being held at Apple's Campus. So their own security team can protect them when they are attacked by AT&T and Verizon customers. :eek:

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Whether this is true or not, I'm glad I got my white iPhone 4 without renewing my contract. If Sprint gets the iPhone 5 with WIMAX while AT&T and Verizon don't even get it until next year, I would very likely make the switch. I'll miss my rollover minutes, but who needs 'em when you have a $79.99 unlimited everything plan?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Woo Hoo! That is a stupid stupid rumor. It would be a major betrayal if Apple did that. It makes no sense though. Apple is trying to be #1. That is not the way to do it.

All carriers who are getting the iPhone should have the iPhone 5 available to them and their customers.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Whether this is true or not, I'm glad I got my white iPhone 4 without renewing my contract. If Sprint gets the iPhone 5 with WIMAX while AT&T and Verizon don't even get it until next year, I would very likely make the switch. I'll miss my rollover minutes, but who needs 'em when you have a $79.99 unlimited everything plan?
I love the simultaneous voice and data too much.