iPhone 5 faster than a 4s?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Is the iPhone 5 just an iPhone 4S made thinner and taller, I've got my new iPhone 5 still have my 4s but I've watched some side by side comparisons and the 4s is as fast if not faster than the 5 surely Apple have made the 5 faster at everything or they should have,please tell me Apple..is the a6 processor better, is it quad core?

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Is the iPhone 5 just an iPhone 4S made thinner and taller, I've got my new iPhone 5 still have my 4s but I've watched some side by side comparisons and the 4s is as fast if not faster than the 5 surely Apple have made the 5 faster at everything or they should have,please tell me Apple..is the a6 processor better, is it quad core?

It is quite a bit faster... it runs at 1.06GHz versus 800MHz for the 4S
Also features 1MB RAM instead of 512MB which makes things go much faster

Here are more numbers that show the 5 is much faster than a 4S:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/16...r-in-geekbench-showing-dual-core-1ghz-a6-cpu/

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

Here's some more interesting reading for ya:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/21/Apples-a6-chip-confirmed-to-carry-triple-core-graphics/

Sep 21, 2012

The iPhone 5 is faster than the 4S actually many says that iPhone 5 is the current fastest smartphone in land base on the comparison made by several tech blog and sites.