iPhone 5 hearing or lack of

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by cohenb43, Nov 26, 2012.

1. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

wonder if anyone can help, i have a refurb iPhone 5 from the Apple store as my new one had a few pixels missing... anyways... after 3 weeks there seems to be an intermittant fault with the speaker, at times the people i call can not hear me at all but i can fully hear them and other times there is no issue at all. i have re-set my phone twice and there is no change, i have not dropped my phone or had any water on it. i want to take it to the Apple store but i know my phone will just work fine when they test it! what do i do?

2. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Is it in a case?

3. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

Not any more as I thought that may have caused the issue. I've tried plugging in the headphones etc and again the phone works and then it won't. It's insane. No idea what to do. I've tried everything

4. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

Any thoughts or suggestions would be really helpful.

Cheers

5. Khuby93

Khuby93 New Member

Defiantly a fault, same issue here.

6. Madlockz

Madlockz Member
    Bronze

I would take it to the store. Apple has really good customer service. And it all boils down to if you wanna tuff it out with the issues that you have now or go in and see if they can swap it out for you. Good luck either way !

7. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

I know that it can be a hardware problem but try a clean restore. I remember a few months back my iPhone 4 got wet and my speakers were not working none of them. Everything else worked fine but that. I restored my iPhone and everything was fine. I know that restores don't solve everything but it doesn't hurt to try. Hope this is the your case and the restore can fix it. Of course that is if you haven't tried that yet.

Sent from my white 32gb iPhone 5 using iCafe app

8. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

OP: Sent you PM in reply to yours.

9. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

I have tried re-starting the phone etc and still the problem is there. My issue is what if the phone speaker works fine when I'm with the guys in the Apple store? I can't prove it's faulty can I?

10. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Just so we are clear, you've tried restoring it to new, correct?

11. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

Yes. Like I said I think I have tried everything. So annoying

12. Khuby93

Khuby93 New Member

Getting a replacement tomorrow

13. Deejay

Deejay New Member

Yes take it because the same thing happened with mine and while I was in the store it happened to another customer as well! I thought the same thing. Took it out the case turned it off and reset it. No it's the phone. I had mine for 4 days and it started last night!