iPhone 5 home button stiff

Matt Reid

Bronze
Jun 12, 2014
It still works but only when you apply some pressure to it.
It dosnt click like it's supposed to so I was just wondering if this is fixable yourself or how much roughly it costs to get fixed.
There is no warranty on it as it is a second hand phone.
Many thanks

~Hartly

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
It may just need cleaning. You might first try wiping around the button with 99% isopropyl alcohol and a soft cloth. If that doesn't work, I would take it to a reputable repair shop. If it just needs cleaning, they probably won't charge much. You could try it yourself, but it can be tricky taking it apart. Get directions from iFixit. You will also need the necessary tools. Good luck!

Matt Reid

Bronze
Jun 12, 2014
Cheers I'll give it a go.. Now to get a tiny screw driver

~Hartly

Jul 11, 2014
I have this Sticker type stuff pasted on the home button and since that sticker is fat, the button is now a little fatter and easier to press in, I believe that my home button has gotten deep too but because of this sticker it is still easier using it

Matt Reid

Bronze
Jun 12, 2014
I have this Sticker type stuff pasted on the home button and since that sticker is fat, the button is now a little fatter and easier to press in, I believe that my home button has gotten deep too but because of this sticker it is still easier using it
What sticker is it? Is it made specifically for the iphone?

~Hartly

Jul 11, 2014
yes! It sticks to the iPhone's button. Its available here in different colors and logos. I bought a plan one with a ring, makes it look more like 5S :)

Matt Reid

Bronze
Jun 12, 2014
yes! It sticks to the iPhone's button. Its available here in different colors and logos. I bought a plan one with a ring, makes it look more like 5S :)
Cool I'll check it out :)

~Hartly