iPhone 5 Jailbreak Glitch

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Europa, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

At least five times in the past week my dock and dock apps have started flashing in a rapid strobe-like pattern about 3 times per second. It only happens when I'm on a phone call (I use a Bluetooth headset, so I am able to see the screen when I'm on a call). It goes away when I lock and unlock the phone. I'm not using WinterBoard or any dock tweaks.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

3. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Haven't noticed that and I too use a BT headset. I'll watch for it.

4. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I use Bluetooth in my car and I have not seen this Europa... But I will run through a few tests this afternoon and see if I can make it happen.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

My best guess is that it's Auxo. It's one of my favorite apps, but it's fairly buggy. It seems to have bug fix updates every day or two. I'm tempted to uninstall it for a while and just use SBSettings.

6. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Nope, not here. And, I don't have Auxo installed either.

7. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I've got Auxo, so I'll watch for it. I use bluetooth mostly, but I don't usually look at my screen. I've gotten used to Auxo. I'd hate to have to dump it.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just happened right after a phone call again. I still have Auxo installed. I'm just waiting for a couple more people with Auxo to experience the same thing and then I'll contact the developer. Right now I just suspect that it's the cause.

9. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Still hasn't happened to me, and I use Auxo. Hmmm

10. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I use bluetooth in my car that is a visor clip on type. I used it and watched for what Europa reported. I also have Auxo but it did not happen to me. It worked just fine.

Europa.., I noticed before on a screen capture a long time ago, that you get the bluetooth battery indicator to come up on your status bar. If you use Springtomize, maybe that's causing it. None of bluetooth products allow for the battery indicator at the top.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not using Springtomize.

Actually, a few of them do. The Bluetooth headset battery meter in my status bar is a stock Apple indicator. It only works with compatibile headsets, and most headsets are not compatible with it. I'm using a Jawbone ICON HD. The old Apple Bluetooth headset (now discontinued) was the first to work with it.

I did notice that it tends to happen at the beginning of a phone call. It's very infrequent, though. I had a lot of calls yesterday and it only happened once. It doesn't happen every day.

12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Europa, did you manage to find the culprit? Is the glitch causing a Safe Mode crash or is the display simply, jumpy?

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, it's not crashing. It's just a display glitch that goes away when I lock/unlock the phone.

14. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

That's quite random. I take it you've tried the old hard-reset thingy and it's not fixed it..?

Did your phone do this when it was stock?

Sent using iCafe app

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, I've done several hard resets. I'm sure it's related to one of my Cydia apps or tweaks. It never happened when it was stock.

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Are you sure it'snot you having a seizure? :confused::D

17. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

I have Auxo too but I have not having this issue, but I'll check on it. :)

18. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Auxo is quite buggy and does cause a lot of issues. I think once the codes refined it'll start to be behave nicely :)

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've had the flashing dock occur about a hundred times now. 100% of the time it happens when I'm on a phone call (Bluetooth or headphones) with the screen locked and then slide to unlock. It's not consistent and only happens one or two times a day.

I've ruled out Auxo as the culprit. It has been uninstalled for a week and the problem is still occurring. After a couple months of deduction, I'm now leaning towards Shrink as the culprit. I just uninstalled Shrink and I'll run my iPhone with gargantuan icons and unsightly icon labels for a few days to test and then I'll post back. I don't want to install any apps with similar functions during the testing, so I'm avoiding Springtomize.

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I was pretty happy to see the dock flash today because that meant I could reinstall Shrink. It was a long week without it. I don't have much left to rule out. I'm uninstalling Unfold now as it's next in line. The problem always occurs right after unlocking, so I have a pretty good feeling that it's the cause. I also occasionally have SB crashes after unlocking and it might be causing them as well. No culprits listed in Crash Reporter with that.