iPhone 5 Jailbreak Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You have serious clout Naps. I see the progress bar is now at 93%.

...and yes, I have Evasi0n screen on one side and the Super Bowl on the other side watching both. LOL

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It's official: 12 Noon, EST.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/17u5ts/theyve_gone_mad_this_is_the_javascript_algorithm/

Turns out someone noticed that the progress bar was now moving at a steady rate, and after checking the javascript behind it, cracked the algorithm. planetbeing pretty much verifies it.

(Make sure to view the screenshot of the javascript in the first post. The code is littered with evad3rs references....)
I'll be frank with you. (did I use that term right?)

At this point, the progress bar means nothing. We will see the Jailbreak when we see it. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's official: 12 Noon, EST.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/17u5ts/theyve_gone_mad_this_is_the_javascript_algorithm/

Turns out someone noticed that the progress bar was now moving at a steady rate, and after checking the javascript behind it, cracked the algorithm. planetbeing pretty much verifies it.

(Make sure to view the screenshot of the javascript in the first post. The code is littered with evad3rs references....)
Doesn't seem right to me. The progress bar moved 3% in four hours tonight. We only have 6% to go. So if it follows that patten, it would get to 100% in eight hours. That's 8:00 EST, not 12:00 EST. I think they said was moving steadily and not gaining speed towards the end. Plus, planetbeing didn't actually confirm that, so I wouldn't say it's official. He just said, "I like your solution best."

We'll see. I'm just happy to finally get a jailbreak tomorrow. Any time is fine with me. If I'm at work, I'll jailbreak when I get home. :)

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
We'll see. I'm just happy to finally get a jailbreak tomorrow. Any time is fine with me. If I'm at work, I'll jailbreak when I get home. :)
If I am in class, and I check the website and the Jailbreak has been released, I'll run out of the room back to my dorm and immediately Jailbreak my iPhone. (y)

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
If what Mindi says is correct 12 noon EST then that means that it will be ready for 5pm GMT today. I will be giving Slimming World the flick and rushing straight home from work to Jailbreak my 3gs. I won't jailbreak my iPhone 4.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
If what Mindi says is correct 12 noon EST then that means that it will be ready for 5pm GMT today. I will be giving Slimming World the flick and rushing straight home from work to Jailbreak my 3gs. I won't jailbreak my iPhone 4.
Why no 4?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is it ok to update ota?
Read somewhere it was not.
Updating in iTunes is recommended if you plan on jailbreaking. Updating OTA increases the chances that something will go wrong during the jailbreaking process, and the SHSHs are different, so you may not be able to downgrade to 6.1 later if you update OTA now.

ironlungakc

Bronze
Aug 26, 2007
Updating in iTunes is recommended if you plan on jailbreaking. Updating OTA increases the chances that something will go wrong during the jailbreaking process, and the SHSHs are different, so you may not be able to downgrade to 6.1 later if you update OTA now.
what should i do if i already upgraded to 6.1 ota

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Will it wipe my music if I do it through iTunes ?

Just hit 99%!

I'm so excited to install Auxo and BiteSMS today!
What is Auxo?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
what should i do if i already upgraded to 6.1 ota
It's up to you. It might jailbreak just fine. You can restore if it doesn't or you can hit the restore button in iTunes right now if you want. It will download the full .ipsw first, which is over 1 GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.