iPhone 5 Jailbreak Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I'm just anxious for a public release also I can't wait to start a "I was wrong about the JB being dead" thread :)

Sent using iCafe app

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
You know.. I did not really miss my jailbreak much when I first got my iPhone 5. But sadly about Mid December I did start remembering all the good stuff I could do with it. I'm hoping we are really close to a new Jailbreak.

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
SO much drama over this jailbreak on Twitter...aside from the new evad3ers dev team (pod2g, pimskeks, planetbeing and MuscleNerd) supposedly releasing it, it seems posixninja is at war with his former crew at Chronic Dev.

The taunts have been flying all over Twitter for over a day now, with iOPK of Chronic Dev giving posixninja a very public boot from the team.

I feel like a person that drives past a car accident extra slow to get a good look at all the damage.

The whole thing is kinda ridiculous.

Any one else find all the drama off putting?

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
SO much drama over this jailbreak on Twitter...aside from the new evad3ers dev team (pod2g, pimskeks, planetbeing and MuscleNerd) supposedly releasing it, it seems posixninja is at war with his former crew at Chronic Dev.

The taunts have been flying all over Twitter for over a day now, with iOPK of Chronic Dev giving posixninja a very public boot from the team.

I feel like a person that drives past a car accident extra slow to get a good look at all the damage.

The whole thing is kinda ridiculous.

Any one else find all the drama off putting?
I kinda lost interest in the jailbreaking scene when I went stock over a year ago. Now I've got my brothers (never jailbroken) 4 I'm not really bothered. x

Sent using Lady Sara's iPhone 4 via iCafe App.

DCronkhite

Bronze
May 30, 2008
What kills me, is Apple could realistically make so much MORE money off the App Store if they'd be a little less draconian about the way they control the inner workings of the device. There's no reason they could run their 'default' setup and schema in the phone for their average base of users, and let those of us who want to do things differently have our own setup. That's how Android runs now! Hell, even put the ability to go outside of Apple's recommended software behind a user-acknowledged/accepted toggle that ensures we know the risks we're taking.

I wouldn't have to jailbreak if they'd let things like Intelliscreen be installed normally. I'd also KILL for a Swiftkey 3 keyboard. I'm not a fan of Apple's stock keyboard at all.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Status
Not open for further replies.