iPhone 5 Jailbreak Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
You can update now, but do it it iTunes, not OTA. I'm planning on updating tomorrow, backing up and restoring to factory settings when the jailbreak is released, jailbreaking and then applying my backup.
So your sure you can just re-apply what you had on your phone? Like Email accounts and game data?
I usually would just start fresh but these days I don't have time to re-enter everything. Also I'm kicking ass in Asphalt 7.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
So your sure you can just re-apply what you had on your phone? Like Email accounts and game data?
I usually would just start fresh but these days I don't have time to re-enter everything. Also I'm kicking ass in Asphalt 7.
Yes. You can always re-apply your backup at any time. Maybe not the best course of action when reverting back to stock with a "jailbroken" backup, but in this case you're golden.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I just spent a moment remembering what it was like using Activator shortcuts and Zephyr then imagined them on an iP5 and I got a little bit of goosebump action.

Reactions: Santa and Kadelic

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Reactions: Kadelic

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Everyone see where they will have cydia 'preloaded' with the included repos? Will help with servers not be as overwhelmed with everyone loading all the data for BigBoss, ModMyi, etc...
At least that is what they are hoping to do.
I haven't seen that yet, but I do have the sweet spot picked out on my home page for Cydia to sit in.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'm not going to be watching the clock. Remember that Sunday is just an estimate.
I'll be at a dance Saturday night and may not get back until after midnight. Hopefully I will not be thinking about the Jailbreak when the clock hits midnight if I am still at the dance.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'll be at a dance Saturday night and may not get back until after midnight. Hopefully I will not be thinking about the Jailbreak when the clock hits midnight if I am still at the dance.
About what? I'll be with my girlfriend. I don't want to break away from the dance and be all like, "I wonder if the Jailbreak has been released!" :ROFLMAO:
Just keep in mind that there isn't someone sitting at their computer with the jailbreak uploaded and ready to go just waiting for 12:01 A.M. Sunday to hit the button that makes it go live. :p They are still finalizing it. Sunday is just an estimate.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You do realize this jailbreak is still being beta tested and finalized, right? The program isn't complete and there isn't someone sitting at their computer with the jailbreak uploaded and ready to go just waiting for 12:01 A.M. Sunday to hit the button that makes it go live. :p Sunday is just an estimate.
Oh I understand that. Someone above posted about seeing if it goes live at midnight. :)

NHL Fever

Bronze
Mar 15, 2010
You do realize this jailbreak is still being beta tested and finalized, right? There isn't someone sitting at their computer with the jailbreak uploaded and ready to go just waiting for 12:01 A.M. Sunday to hit the button that makes it go live. :p Sunday is just an estimate.
Huh? In the absence of a jailbreak released at 12:01 my plan was to declare all is for naught and begin looting in anticipation of the impending collapse of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.