iPhone 5 Jailbreak Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The site for the new jailbreak just went live. The jailbreak will be called evasi0n and it will be compatible with 6.0 - 6.1. They are finishing the GUI right now and still need to do beta testing after that.
Offical link: http://evasi0n.com/

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have my phone set up for a push notification when the jaibreak is released. Aside from that, it's life as usual, and no expectations on the release time or clock-watching here.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
How do you do that?
I use Tweetbot, but I couldn't find an individual notification setting in it, so I temporarily installed the official Twitter app just for the purpose of push notifications from @evad3rs. You just go to their profile page, follow them and turn on notifications.

Those who don't use Twitter can set up a text notification (U.S. only). Just text "follow evad3rs" to 40404 and you'll get text messages. Text "stop" to turn it off.

image.jpg

image.jpg

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
I'm getting excited now. Going to update this iPhone 4 to 6.1 and leave it as it is. I don't want to risk jailbreaking it and have something happen that I know I canny fix.

On the other hand though, going to update my old 3GS and jailbreak THAT instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm getting excited now. Going to update this iPhone 4 to 6.1 and leave it as it is. I don't want to risk jailbreaking it and have something happen that I know I canny fix.

On the other hand though, going to update my old 3GS and jailbreak THAT instead.
That iPad baseband left a bad taste in your mouth, huh? Can't blame ya. It made updates and restores a major PITA. eBay or carrier factory unlocks are so nice by comparison.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
You bet it did. Still didn't get my 3GS unlocked from orange. They're now EE. They owe me £60 and no unlock. Think ill be suing them

Sent using Lady Sara's iPhone 4 via iCafe App.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Any word if BiteSMS has become IOS 6.x friendly?
From the BiteSMS.com/FAQ:

"Will biteSMS work on my iPhone 5 or 4S when the untethered JB for iOS6 is released?"
"It works on iOS 6 for sure (as we have a tethered JB for that purpose). It should work correctly on iPhone 5, but we will not know for sure until we can JB an iPhone 5 and provide confirmation. Rest assured we are on high-alert to do this and if necessary fix any issues quickly."

jakefuzzy

Bronze
Oct 13, 2009
From the BiteSMS.com/FAQ:

"Will biteSMS work on my iPhone 5 or 4S when the untethered JB for iOS6 is released?"
"It works on iOS 6 for sure (as we have a tethered JB for that purpose). It should work correctly on iPhone 5, but we will not know for sure until we can JB an iPhone 5 and provide confirmation. Rest assured we are on high-alert to do this and if necessary fix any issues quickly."
Thanks Europa. I've been out of the loop for awhile.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
I'm skipping the Super Bowl so I can play with my jailbreak LOL
Hell yes, I'm having a Super Bowl thing at my house though. I hope to have a solid JB by 5PM. Then I can just tinker with Cydia while the game is going on....and in between Beer Bongs..
(Side note incase anyone has a comment....I hope Bite SMS is ready for iPhone 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.