iPhone 5 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Lotharmataos, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Lotharmataos

Lotharmataos Member

Anyone knows when the iPhone jailbreak should be released to public ?
  2. Thread moved to iPhone Jailbreak.

I wouldn't expect it for several more weeks, in my opinion. The jailbreak has to be completed for the new iPhone hardware, with a possible delay for an incremental firmware update such as iOS 6.0.1. Then the jailbreak has to be packaged into user-friendly software for end users and beta tested. This all takes time.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Europa

Europa Moderator

No, they haven't given us an ETA and there is no sign that they are getting close to a public release yet. There is still lots of work and testing to be done.
  5. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot

Be patient people. ;)
  6. Lotharmataos

Lotharmataos Member

Thanks y'all
  7. bikerboy

bikerboy Member

off the topic , what programming language do yo use to find a jail break hack ? or even apps, any idea ?
    used to program a little back in the days ( 2000) thinking about giving this a go , but kinda didn't search it or look for details on it yet, thought i'd ask here first :p
  8. liberated

liberated Evangelist

Jailbreaking is dead. Now a days it takes longer to jailbreak a device than the device lifespan itself. For example, by the time a jailbreak for the iphone 5 comes out, we will all be looking at getting the iPhone 5S (or whatever the designation). I jailbroke my 4S but only enjoyed it for a few short months until the next phone came out. If you are like me (buying the latest all the time), then maybe it's time to give up on jailbreaking all together. It's a shame because I enjoy my idevices way more when jailbroken :-(
  9. Jailbreaking is far from dead.
  10. liberated

liberated Evangelist

Ok Naps, I respect your opinion immensely; but you have to admit, you did not make a compeling argument here LOL;):D
  11. I don't need to. Jailbreaking is far from dead. I have a whole army of jailbreakers on my side. :D
  12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Jailbreaking is far from dead.

FYI - liberated
  13. liberated

liberated Evangelist

LOL, I know Jailbreak is alive, but please convince me that it is not going through a slow death as developers fall farther and farther behind :)
  14. Prove to us that it is.
  15. Europa

Europa Moderator

This is an uninformed comment. In my experience, very few apps that are popular and still necessary (because Apple hasn't provided a stock solution) are abandoned. If you followed any of the big developers on twitter, you'd see that their apps are well-supported and updated frequently.
  16. liberated

liberated Evangelist

My point is that only those with old idevices not willing to upgrade take full advantage of a jailbreak. If you have a new idevice, you're lucky to get a few short months of jailbreak goodness before upgrading.
  17. Europa

Europa Moderator

At it's all-time worst, it was 8 out of the 12 months that we had a jailbreak for the new phone.
  18. liberated

liberated Evangelist

I suppose time will tell with the iPhone 5, I like jailbreaking but this one may take longer than the last, and then the next time may take longer, thanks what I'm trying to say.
  19. Europa

Europa Moderator

IMO, the only thing that can kill it is if they stop releasing jailbreaks. The demand is still high and long waits aren't enough to decrease it much. We just have to be a little more patient than we used to after upgrading to new hardware.
  20. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot

I haven't jailbroken for a while now. I am quite happy to stay with stock. However when I was Jailbroken I often found that it was quite buggy at times. I never got to try Absinthe(but would have liked to) and settled for Redsn0w. But Europa, Naps and iPhoneWarrior are quite right. Jailbreaking is not dead and will only become dead if the developers stop releasing Jailbreaks.
  21. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread title edited from Ipjohne 5 jailbreak to iPhone 5 Jailbreak?