iPhone 5 Lifeproof vs Otterbox Defender

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by iphonedreamer, Nov 21, 2012.

1. iphonedreamer

iphonedreamer New Member

Which one is better. I could only find one video on YouTube that compared them both on the iPhone 5. Here is the video below:

2. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

You should drop them both in water and see which one protects your phone better.

They are in different classes really. The otterbox may offer better drop protection, but it's not water proof. It's also bulkier than the lifeproof and harder to pull out of your pocket. It also attracts more dust than lifeproof which irks me.

3. 49ers#1

49ers#1 Member
    Bronze

I'm having problems with my iPhone 5 LP case. I don't know what LP did with the screen protector but its terrible. It seems like its not sitting at the top and bottom. This makes typing harder than compared to the iPhone 4S LP case. When I'm talking on my phone, I hear a weird buzzing sound. Lastly, when I play music or watch YouTube videos, the back of the case rattles ALOT! This drives me crazy especially when I spent $85 on the case.

4. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

Lifeproof isn't 100% waterproof either. I have several friends that have had speaker leaks after successful water tests in the sink. Plus the screen is harder to type on.

5. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

Should have my LP next week and will see, good news is that work is paying for it so if I don't like it then no $$ loss :)

6. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

I have all the same problems. I'm bringing mine back

7. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Fixed the most annoying problem I had. A feedback beep, sqeal or whatever you wanna call it. Sounded like you put a mic close to a speaker. That sound. I put a piece of black tape over the mic between the camera lens and the flash. No more feedback noise. It would get so annoying before, I hated to talk on the phone. Fixed now.

8. 49ers#1

49ers#1 Member
    Bronze

Oh ya, forgot to mention... People can't hear me at all with this case. I don't know if LP rushed this case out. I don't mind the wait for them to perfect the case especially when the case is expensive.

9. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

I heave read and spoke to LP asking about this even before the ip5 case was out and they say blow into the bottom like a balloon for a few seconds to reset the speaker/microphone membranes. This info is also on LP website under support

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

10. Allan knight

Allan knight Member
    Bronze