iPhone 5 Lifeproof vs Otterbox Defender

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
You should drop them both in water and see which one protects your phone better.

They are in different classes really. The otterbox may offer better drop protection, but it's not water proof. It's also bulkier than the lifeproof and harder to pull out of your pocket. It also attracts more dust than lifeproof which irks me.

49ers#1

Bronze
Sep 25, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I'm having problems with my iPhone 5 LP case. I don't know what LP did with the screen protector but its terrible. It seems like its not sitting at the top and bottom. This makes typing harder than compared to the iPhone 4S LP case. When I'm talking on my phone, I hear a weird buzzing sound. Lastly, when I play music or watch YouTube videos, the back of the case rattles ALOT! This drives me crazy especially when I spent $85 on the case.

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
Lifeproof isn't 100% waterproof either. I have several friends that have had speaker leaks after successful water tests in the sink. Plus the screen is harder to type on.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I'm having problems with my iPhone 5 LP case. I don't know what LP did with the screen protector but its terrible. It seems like its not sitting at the top and bottom. This makes typing harder than compared to the iPhone 4S LP case. When I'm talking on my phone, I hear a weird buzzing sound. Lastly, when I play music or watch YouTube videos, the back of the case rattles ALOT! This drives me crazy especially when I spent $85 on the case.
I have all the same problems. I'm bringing mine back

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Fixed the most annoying problem I had. A feedback beep, sqeal or whatever you wanna call it. Sounded like you put a mic close to a speaker. That sound. I put a piece of black tape over the mic between the camera lens and the flash. No more feedback noise. It would get so annoying before, I hated to talk on the phone. Fixed now.

49ers#1

Bronze
Sep 25, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Fixed the most annoying problem I had. A feedback beep, sqeal or whatever you wanna call it. Sounded like you put a mic close to a speaker. That sound. I put a piece of black tape over the mic between the camera lens and the flash. No more feedback noise. It would get so annoying before, I hated to talk on the phone. Fixed now.
Oh ya, forgot to mention... People can't hear me at all with this case. I don't know if LP rushed this case out. I don't mind the wait for them to perfect the case especially when the case is expensive.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Oh ya, forgot to mention... People can't hear me at all with this case. I don't know if LP rushed this case out. I don't mind the wait for them to perfect the case especially when the case is expensive.
I heave read and spoke to LP asking about this even before the ip5 case was out and they say blow into the bottom like a balloon for a few seconds to reset the speaker/microphone membranes. This info is also on LP website under support

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

Allan knight

Bronze
Nov 14, 2012
You should drop them both in water and see which one protects your phone better.

They are in different classes really. The otterbox may offer better drop protection, but it's not water proof. It's also bulkier than the lifeproof and harder to pull out of your pocket. It also attracts more dust than lifeproof which irks me.[/