iPhone 5, Lightning, iOS6 - something fixed me!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Michael Baturin, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Until the iPhone 5, everytime I would get in my car, if I plugged my iPhone to the car's USB 30 pin connector BEFORE the Bluetooth connected, once it did, all audio through the cord would be lost until I unplugged and replugged the cord. This has always been an annoyance which forced me to wait to plug my phone in until bluetooth connected. I realized (and tested) today, that even if I plug in the iPhone 5 with the USB Lightning cord BEFORE bluetooth connects, the music continues to flow without interruption once it does. Anyone else seeing something similar or able to explain this. I'd like to know more out or curiosity than necessity.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I have to disable A2DP on my Bluetooth headsets for a simlilar reason. If I get in my car and connect the phone to the head unit via USB while I'm on a Bluetooth phone call, music automatically starts blaring through the headset...while I'm on a phone call. Seriously, why would anyone want that?!

I should enable it again to check and see if Lightning, 6.0 or the iPhone 5 fixed it.