iPhone 5 locked out of it

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by rollinfromhell, Dec 5, 2012.

1. rollinfromhell

Gold

I understand restoring is the only way, but I have not run out of attempts yet. Is there a way to reset the attempts somehow? I just set the passcode 2 hours ago, but forgot it. It was like 4441 4448 4141 or something like that, just have a crappy memory (obviously. Is there a workaround for this? Or a way to glitch it to get into the home-screen? I cannot lose my app data, it's very important to me. It's stuff that won't backup to iTunes and save, because it saves to the phone itself.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, there's no way to reset that.

3. rollinfromhell

Gold

Ok, another question. Is there a program to use to backup certain appdata that doesn't backup with iTunes for Windows? And can I backup to iTunes with this passcode on it? I haven't backed my phone up in a month and a half.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Chronus will backup, but it won't restore the state of the apps properly. So if iTunes doesn't backup that data, I can't think of any way to back it up.

There might be a way to export it to your computer. Try contacting tech support for the app in question. They'll know if there is a way to do it.

5. rollinfromhell

Gold

So there's no way to back my phone up with a passcode lock ? :/ I have a LOT of important stuff on here that I've been too busy to backup. I stopped using iCloud cause it was giving me issues.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What happens when you connect to iTunes on your computer?

7. rollinfromhell

Gold

It shows all my stuff, gigs, update, restore, my username, software version, etc. I am trying to backup the phone so I can restore it. However it says "You must enter your passcode on the iPhone before it can be backed up."

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to be able to back it up unless you can remember the passcode.

9. rollinfromhell

Gold

I figured out the passcode! YES :D

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yay! :)

Now don't forget it again!

11. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

Go ahead and write that password somewhere. Just don't forget where you put it at though with your crappy memory :p