iPhone 5 LTE connection problems

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
Lately I am having connection issues on my iPhone 5 I have 3-4 bars great service in the city, well I have no Internet, I know it's Internet because I am trying to open google.com and also doing speed test, all speed test is doing is trying to connect...it happen to me 3 times already, I though maybe it's network issues but at this point I have no idea what it might be, the only way to fix it, is to go to setting network reset...any ideas? Any similar issues?

Sent using iCafe app

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I am constantly losing my internet connection. Be it LTE , 4g or edge . First the LTE goes away, then the AT&T logo goes away but i still have 5 bars. Then goes to no service eventually it comes back. Its much worse if im on edge though like if im traveling

You wouldn't happen to be in Albuquerque would you? that's where i am and 4 of us in my family are all having the same issue but mine seems to be worse than theirs

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This has happened to me several times as well. I'm not in ABQ, though I really wish I was...

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
is it possible this is a software issue? or a batch of phones that have the issue. at first i thought maybe it was here because they just got LTE going here this month but it seems people are experiencing this all over

I like it here in ABQ , Lot more to do here than there was in Lubbock, TX :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ah, I used to live near Lubbock. I was stationed in San Angelo for a couple years.

I'm just a huge fan of Breaking Bad, and they are filming the final season in ABQ right now.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
i just started watching it. only on the 3rd episode. I used to work a couple days a month in San Angelo when i was living in Tx. Loved going to Zetners Daughter the tenderlion was awesome. Although Western Skies was not bad

Or taking the drive out to Lowake :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
i just started watching it. only on the 3rd episode. I used to work a couple days a month in San Angelo when i was living in Tx. Loved going to Zetners Daughter the tenderlion was awesome. Although Western Skies was not bad

Or taking the drive out to Lowake :)
Right on. You'll probably have time to finish it before July so you can watch this last one in real time.

I liked that area of Texas. Nice weather, beautiful sunsets and I met some really cool people there. They liked Mexican food. We went to Mejor Ca nada (spelling) way too often. The ones you mentioned don't sound familiar, but I was there in '93-'95 so it's been a while.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Lowake is a steakhouse about 40 miles from San Angelo, Sits out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by cotton fields, Zetners Steakhouse has been there for years i think it opened in like 1950 ,

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
For me is not so much loosing signal that I loose LTE 4g or edge that is still there 4 bars LTE always stays on but I can't open any site, it's almost like your computer is connected to router and you just unplug modem from your router, so it's connected full speed but no Internet...

Sent using iCafe app

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
It happened again for me today I am starting to think it has to be hardware I will give AT&T a call tomorrow see what they have to say about that

Sent using iCafe app

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I'm loving my LTE. I haven't experienced any issues with mine except for a occasional drop off to 4G in certain areas where coverage is low.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
It's just weird it happens randomly, LTE logo is there AT&T 4-5 bars and I don't have Internet...emails are not coming push messages, ones I restart or rest the network I am getting emails and push notifications like crazy...and then it works for 2 3 days

Sent using iCafe app

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Curious, those having the issue, do you have a case on your device? I just wonder if oddly it has anything to do with it.

Sent using iCafe app

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
I have case on my iPhone 5 and also same case on iPhone 4S never had any issue with speck cases, this problem I am reporting it started recently...no more than 2 weeks ago

Sent using iCafe app