iPhone 5 - no option to 'reply' to emails

1. nrap

nrap New Member

I have successfuly added 2 email accounts to my iPhone, and am receiving emails fine, but when I open an email, the bar at the bottom of the screen is blank and there is no option to reply/forward, delete etc. It is just a grey bar with no icons on it.
    I have one hotmail account and another for my uni that was classed as an 'other' email server account.
    Thanks!

2. psylichon

psylichon Genius

That's odd. Same situation in landscape vs portrait?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. nrap

nrap New Member

i was actually playing around with about 10 different settings, and it seems to have reappeared for now. If only I knew which one had done the trick though!

5. Djdj

Djdj New Member

I have the exact same problem.
    No idea how its happened or how to fix it.

Could any body offer any help?

Nrap - do you recall how you fixed it?

6. Jessica Nguyen

Jessica Nguyen New Member

If anyone still has this problem, I might have a solution. The bottom bar might not be showing because of a glitch or something. So I restarted the app and when i opened it again the bottom bar appeared. If you don't know how to restart an app, all you do is hold down on your "off button" on top of your iPhone. After the red bar appears and it says swipe to turn of your phone, let go of the off button then hold down on the home button until you get out of the app on onto your home page. Open your email app again and maybe it'll work for you, but I think it's just a glitch.
    Hope this helped at least someone.

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

How about just double tapping the home button, press & hold app till it wiggles, then hit the X? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

iOS 4 introduced multitasking and an easier way to close apps in 2010, but I remember using the old method you posted on my 3G and 3GS back in the day.