iPhone 5 not receiving calls!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by SweepeR, May 3, 2013.

1. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

so my damn iPhone 5 isn't getting calls and i have no idea i am getting calls until frustrated people curse me for not picking up on them.

I wen to genius today and they told me the diagnostic shows low memory so that is the reason to why my phone doesn't receiver every call or alert me of a call even if my phone registers a missed call in my call log.

they tol dme to do a clear install without restoring but i can't afford to lose my text messages as it is work related especially over a "fix" that we do not know is even the cause for me not receiving calls even though many MANY people have this problem apparently through online research.

Any tips on how to A) save my texts than retreive it to my new "restored" phone and B) if this is even a logical reason? he claims its firmware related hence hte low memory. Does this sound right or just BS he threw my way?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What operating software are you on? Have you attempted to perform a 'hard reset' by holding both the power and home button down at the same time until the iPhone powers itself off an back on? A hard reset fixed my mother's bar issue on her iPhone 5 and dropped calls.

3. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

Yes, I don't have any bar issues i just don't receive calls. FOr instance today just now i got a call while on silent but no vibration or anything as well.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Very strange. So you say you did try a hard reset? How about a network settings reset?

Sent using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. How often is it happening?
    2. Are you still getting your voicemails? If so, are they delayed?
    3. Is your phone jailbroken?
    4. Are you with AT&T?

Here are my suggestions:
    1. Reset your network settings.
    2. Reboot daily.
    3. Reset all settings and replace your SIM card if it continues to happen after trying the first two suggestions.

6. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Try 3 consecutive hard resets. This sometimes does the trick.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Someone call iP5 and make him feel better.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

We should have a mass FaceTime chat. That'd be awesome!

Sent using iCafe app

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Heinous.

10. pinklady

pinklady New Member

Same thing was happening to me.it was happening everyday. My husband would have to call 8 times before my my phone would a knowledge his calls. I would still get voice mails mostly immediately but sometimes days later. Txt messages did the same thing. My phone was not jailbroken and I have sprint

I reset my network settings several times. Like twice a week for months and had sprint run a network diagnostic test on my phone and everything looked fine. Apple store could find no problem but still gave me a new phone. That phone had the same problem. So I finally got rid of the phone and bought a galaxy s4 just 9 months after buying The iPhone 5. What a waste of money. Highly upset with Apple for this.