iPhone 5 ready for pickup from Best Buy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
BestBuy just sent me an email stating that my iPhone 5 would be ready for pickup tomorrow! I thought I would be more excited but maybe I'm holding it all in until I can have it in my hands! :)

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
You could try to acquire it after the store closes tonight...

You will need a ski mask, a brick, a pry bar and a get away car (pro tip: NOT a Ford Pinto)... LOL

I ordered through AT&T and mine says delivery before 3PM but my FedEx dude usually comes around 10-11'ish

E Pow

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
I'm going up to the Best Buy store at lunch and see what the deal is. Hopefully I'll have good news, if not guess I'll just be waiting, or lining up at the At&t store tomorrow morning.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
When I got my 4 it was after the launch date and BestBuy put me on a wait list. It only took a couple of weeks before one was available. Hopefully Apple had enough forethought this time to produce a sufficient amount. I was going to trade mine it to BestBuy tomorrow but the demand seems to have diminished for 4's. Looks like I will have to go either the EBAY or Craigslist route. Iwill throw in a few cases to sweeten the deal. Need atleast $200-$225.

Item: Apple iPhone 4 with 32GB Memory - MC319LL/A​
SKU : 1049087​
Model: MC319LL/A​
What's this item worth?
Best Estimate: $165.00
Condition
Gift Card Value

Perfect​
$173.25​
Good​
$165.00​
Poor​
$74.25​
Not Working​
$0.00​

1049087_sb.jpg

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
When I got my 4 it was after the launch date and BestBuy put me on a wait list. It only took a couple of weeks before one was available. Hopefully Apple had enough forethought this time to produce a sufficient amount. I was going to trade mine it to BestBuy tomorrow but the demand seems to have diminished for 4's. Looks like I will have to go either the EBAY or Craigslist route. Iwill through in a few cases to sweeten the deal. Need atleast $200-$225.
A 32GB 4 should get upper $200's easily on eBay or Craigslist assuming it's in mint condition...

E Pow

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
I just left my Best Buy store and they just received their shipment this morning. The manager went through the inventory and made sure my model was there and I made my appointment for 8am tomorrow right then. YES! Can't wait till tomorrow.

E Pow

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Yeah, the prices are dropping quickly. I sold mine last Friday right after I pre-ordered. The manager told me the prices for them might start dropping the closer we get to iPhone 5. I've been using my back up emergency iPhone 3GS this week.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Yeah, the prices are dropping quickly. I sold mine last Friday right after I pre-ordered. The manager told me the prices for them might start dropping the closer we get to iPhone 5. I've been using my back up emergency iPhone 3GS this week.
I sold my 4S about a week and a half ago and am using an old skool OG Razr flip phone... LOL

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I'm putting the word out to my Facebook friends that I'm selling my 4. I'm sure someone would like to have a contract free phone (That is how it works right?O_o)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, when I first started sniffing out the going prices for iPhone 4's, 32GB models were netting $400-600. Two weeks later right after the announcement of the 5, they were down considerably. I only got $315 for mine unlocked with a bluetooth car dock bundled in. Not that I'm complaining... it's actually more than I thought I'd get before I initially looked at the going prices.

It's all about timing, but I wasn't about to revert to my V1 backup phone, so I timed it so I'd get our 5's before shipping off our 4's.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I'm considering going ahead and selling my 4 to BestBuy and just get it over with. If it were a 4S I would probably go the Craigslist route. At worse I could knock $150 off the cost of my new phone. :(