iPhone 5 ready for pickup from Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by btitus, Sep 20, 2012.

1. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

BestBuy just sent me an email stating that my iPhone 5 would be ready for pickup tomorrow! I thought I would be more excited but maybe I'm holding it all in until I can have it in my hands! :)

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Congrats! :)

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Awesome. I assume they are opening early tomorrow? What time are planning on picking up your iPhone 5?

4. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I will probably get there around 10.

5. E Pow

E Pow Member
    Bronze

Congrats, I'm waiting on my call from Best Buy here in Cincy. I was pre-order # 4.

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

You could try to acquire it after the store closes tonight...

You will need a ski mask, a brick, a pry bar and a get away car (pro tip: NOT a Ford Pinto)... LOL

I ordered through AT&T and mine says delivery before 3PM but my FedEx dude usually comes around 10-11'ish

7. E Pow

E Pow Member
    Bronze

I'm going up to the Best Buy store at lunch and see what the deal is. Hopefully I'll have good news, if not guess I'll just be waiting, or lining up at the At&t store tomorrow morning.

8. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

When I got my 4 it was after the launch date and BestBuy put me on a wait list. It only took a couple of weeks before one was available. Hopefully Apple had enough forethought this time to produce a sufficient amount. I was going to trade mine it to BestBuy tomorrow but the demand seems to have diminished for 4's. Looks like I will have to go either the EBAY or Craigslist route. Iwill throw in a few cases to sweeten the deal. Need atleast $200-$225.

Item: Apple iPhone 4 with 32GB Memory - MC319LL/A​
    SKU : 1049087​
    Model: MC319LL/A​
    What's this item worth?
    Best Estimate: $165.00
    Condition
    Gift Card Value

Perfect​
    $173.25​
    Good​
    $165.00​
    Poor​
    $74.25​
    Not Working​
    $0.00​

1049087_sb.jpg

9. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

A 32GB 4 should get upper $200's easily on eBay or Craigslist assuming it's in mint condition...

10. E Pow

E Pow Member
    Bronze

I just left my Best Buy store and they just received their shipment this morning. The manager went through the inventory and made sure my model was there and I made my appointment for 8am tomorrow right then. YES! Can't wait till tomorrow.

11. E Pow

E Pow Member
    Bronze

I sold my 4S back to Best Buy and they gave me $351.75.

12. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

It's in great condition. Slight problem with the home button though. Other than that, no visible scratches or bruises :D

13. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I'm guessing that the quotes are going down now that the i5 is actually a reality...

14. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Ya Craigslist prices have plummeted on the 4 and the 4S...

15. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I will see what happens...

16. E Pow

E Pow Member
    Bronze

Yeah, the prices are dropping quickly. I sold mine last Friday right after I pre-ordered. The manager told me the prices for them might start dropping the closer we get to iPhone 5. I've been using my back up emergency iPhone 3GS this week.

17. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I sold my 4S about a week and a half ago and am using an old skool OG Razr flip phone... LOL

18. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I'm putting the word out to my Facebook friends that I'm selling my 4. I'm sure someone would like to have a contract free phone (That is how it works right?O_o)

19. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Yeah, when I first started sniffing out the going prices for iPhone 4's, 32GB models were netting $400-600. Two weeks later right after the announcement of the 5, they were down considerably. I only got $315 for mine unlocked with a bluetooth car dock bundled in. Not that I'm complaining... it's actually more than I thought I'd get before I initially looked at the going prices.

It's all about timing, but I wasn't about to revert to my V1 backup phone, so I timed it so I'd get our 5's before shipping off our 4's.

20. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I'm considering going ahead and selling my 4 to BestBuy and just get it over with. If it were a 4S I would probably go the Craigslist route. At worse I could knock $150 off the cost of my new phone. :(