iPhone 5 replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Prozium12, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Sorry to keep bringing this up but I've took delivery of my 4th replacement iPhone5 and it was damaged again out the box I don't know whether to just say to my network I'm ending the deal with them and waiting a month or so to see if quality gets better or to keep taking days of work so I'm at home when the replacement ip5 is sent,its getting silly now and each ip5 32gb black has been worse, I suppose if they're happy to keep sending them out I should be happy,but I will of had a week of work by the time the next one is sent out do you think I should ask my network for money off my bill as I haven't been able to use my new phone...confused

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Did you consider getting white? :)

3. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Yes, I have been to Apple and had a go of the white and its a nice phone looks good but I'm into the black all my iPhones have been black, but it s getting harder each time to say no to the white especially when I open the box and the new black one has a scratch or flaking paint were the antenna is, there must be mark and scratch free ones people on here have got them unmarked, it's getting me down just want to sync my my phone and start using it. I actually got one that had been touched up by someone it was a sealed box..my friends have black ones and there's are fine..

4. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I was the same. My 3GS, 4, and 4S were all black. This is my first white iPhone and I don't regret it! :)

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Maybe try the Apple store if that's an option. I understand you want one pristine out of the box & that's what you should get even though its gonna be virtually impossible to keep it that way due to the design.

6. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I don't mind if I mark it or scratch it I just think it should arrive pristine and its something we don't associate with Apple as they want there products to look and feel pristine I think that's part of the reason we love Apple products,I know they have come out with this awesome iPhone5 but it seems they are trying to cut as much manufacturing cost as possible and yes it looks great but the black one with everyday use will end up looking chrome..when I went to Apple to show them the marks on my device the genius guy showed me his ip5 and the black paint had gone of the sides ok he didn't have any kind of case he had it in his pocket.i'm determined to get a pristine black one or I want my money back from my network and tomorrow I'm going to ask for reimbursement of cash or voucher as I haven't used my new ip5 on this network yet and this has been going on since release day..I'm starting to appreciate the ip4s ruggedness.

7. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Maddening. I feel your pain!

8. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Stick to your guns! Get what you paid for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks,I'm going to get them to send a replacement..again

10. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Ok there sending me another replacement this will be the 5th,if there happy to keep sending me new ones then one of them has to be a good one.the guy who I spoke to at 3 network told me they have had a lot of complaints and returns and that there's a new batch coming to them after the 17th November I told him I don't mind when it gets here as long as its good he told me to use the one I have till the replacement comes,so that's fare enough and it's the first time they have said there's a problem with some of the black models so that made me feel better... I will post and let you know if I get a good black ip5.