iPhone 5 iPhone 5 shAT&Tered!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Ms Cola, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Ms Cola

Ms Cola Member

I am so sad . I got my 5 on the 3rd of October and shattered it on the 23rd the day before my birthday. Luckily I had purchase the insurance through best buy, however I still don't have my phone. Missing my phone so much.. They gave me an Motorola loaner phone.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor

Omg. That really sucks! Hopefully you don't have to wait too long for a replacement. Poor iPhone 5 ;( my condolences.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor

5. talon90

talon90 Member

What caused it to shatter?
  6. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple

Dayum. That sucks bad.

Glad you have insurance or you're a hurtin' dawg right now.
  7. I never knew you were so rustic, Zanthe.
  8. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple

^^ Multi talented. :D
  9. Ms Cola

Ms Cola Member

I drop it on the concrete at my son football game.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator

Good luck getting your iPhone back soon. Did they give you a time estimate?
  11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius

Sorry this happened. Did you have it in a case? If not there are a few highly recommended protective cases you can get. Lifeproof is the top #1 favorite around here. We have a thread about it here: http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/lifeproof-frē-ip5-case.99977/
    Check it out.

Hope you get our replacement soon. I know how it is to be without your device. When it's gone you realize how much you rely on it. It can be torture. Hang in there! Research a protective case if you don't already have one.
  12. imutter

imutter Genius

Go back to the store and talk to a manager .
    Besides I added funny because of the loaner .......
  13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

First of all, my deepest condolences!:( What is Best Buy's insurance--how good is it? Are you going to a get refurb or a brand new one? Or--worse--are they going to try go fix your shattered phone?

I'm going to assume you weren't using a case. Cases are pretty much a no-brainer on a device of this importance. Not trying to give you a hard time about this, but rather, share with you a vital piece of knowledge for further reference. When I got my 5, I had no case for it. I can honestly assure you that the phone did not leave my home until I got the case a few days later. I got an Otterbox ...the Defender... I am so very happy with it.
  14. Ms Cola

Ms Cola Member

She told me two days since it didn't show it was on back order in their system.
  15. Ms Cola

Ms Cola Member

Yes I had a case on it but it wasn't a good one. I was waiting on the life proof case I really don't like the otter box cases, but I did buy one when I turned my phone in so I will have it when I get it back, since I wanted a pink case and they didn't have many. She told me I can exchange it if the life proof be out when my phone comes back.
  16. Ms Cola

Ms Cola Member

It's $14.99 a month, with no limits of claims. The good part about all of this is that day on my way home from work I was thinking of canceling that insurance and going to apple to get their ins.. I'm glad I didn't because it would have been a lapse in coverage and I would have been without any ins and a broke phone that I would have only had for twenty days.

Since its so new it will be a new phone, not sure about if it had been an older phone. I had an cheap case on it I was waiting on the life proof case but I did buy the otter box defender for when it comes back.
  17. Ms Cola

Ms Cola Member

I'm going by there today when I get off from work, before going home for the weekend because I stay a good 45 min/hour from them. But make no mistake if they call me I will come back.
  18. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

DO YOU have this in writing... in a contract? Please be sure that you do, not just word-of-mouth. Hopefully they didn't tell you this in passing just to get you to sign on the dotted line!
  19. Ms Cola

Ms Cola Member

I hope she wouldn't do that, but I will have to check that out when I get home.
  20. Clay125

Clay125 Member

Replacement glass for the 5 is still $300:(
  21. Europa

Europa Moderator

Apple will fix it for $226 without AppleCare+ or $50 with AppleCare+.