iPhone 5 Syncing Error

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Following a sync of my iPhone 5 or my iPad I usually get an error message stating that "There are sync conflicts. Would you like to resolve them now" followed by two buttons labeled Resolve Now and Resolve Later. Pressing resolve now brings up a screen allowing you to choose the correct information and then pressing the button at the bottom of the pop-up brings up the following "Unable to retrieve conflict info from server. Please try again next time you sync". Does anyone have an idea what is causing this inability to retrieve the conflict information from the server and how to correct it. I am getting this message almost every time I sync my iPhone or iPad. Both are running the latest version of iOS. I tried pressing the "Reset Warnings" buttons for each device to no avail, and have also done a hard reset of both devices.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Following a sync of my iPhone 5 or my iPad I usually get an error message stating that "There are sync conflicts. Would you like to resolve them now" followed by two buttons labeled Resolve Now and Resolve Later. Pressing resolve now brings up a screen allowing you to choose the correct information and then pressing the button at the bottom of the pop-up brings up the following "Unable to retrieve conflict info from server. Please try again next time you sync". Does anyone have an idea what is causing this inability to retrieve the conflict information from the server and how to correct it. I am getting this message almost every time I sync my iPhone or iPad. Both are running the latest version of iOS. I tried pressing the "Reset Warnings" buttons for each device to no avail, and have also done a hard reset of both devices.
What are the actual conflicts, is it contacts?

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
It shows that there are 4 conflicts. One in MS Outlook notes and three in the calendar. Cannot get past the first conflict before error message pops up.

Sent using my iPhone 5

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Can you take a screenshot of the screen you see when the first error appears. It's a little strange considering the reset warnings button hasn't worked. It'll be something silly which is causing it to error.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I'll try that when I get home from work. I may try deleting the offending items from MS Outlook, sync, re-input the deleted items the re-sync. I had a similar problem early last year and I think that was the cure. I will post either the screen shot or that my cure worked, after work today. Thanks for the help.

Sent using my iPhone 5

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'll try that when I get home from work. I may try deleting the offending items from MS Outlook, sync, re-input the deleted items the re-sync. I had a similar problem early last year and I think that was the cure. I will post either the screen shot or that my cure worked, after work today. Thanks for the help.

Sent using my iPhone 5
I've not helped yet, will try my best :)

When I've had that error on my Mac (not for MS Outlook but for other silly stuff), I've simply used the resolve conflicts button and it's kept what's on my device and overwritten what was on my computer with what was on my phone. It's a dirty way of doing it, but it's always worked for me.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I always try to remember to close out outlook every time Europa, but with my alleged mind who knows. I removed the offending calendar item and re-synced everything without error. I then put the calendar item back in Outlook and synced again to both devices and no errors showed up so will see what happens over the next week or so. I sync almost daily so if it's going to happen again it will show up soon. Thanks again to both of you for the help.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I have synced my phone and iPad several times in the last two days without any issues, so I guess I answered my own question. To iPhonewarrior and Europa, thank you for taking the time to try and help.

Sent using my iPhone 5