iPhone 5 vs Nexus 4

1. Robbinhoodz25

Robbinhoodz25 Member Bronze

Just wanted to get some thoughts on this. The price point is way too low on the Nexus to adleast not think about picking one up.

2. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor Bronze

I have been looking at the nexus a lot the price is so good for the specs.. I tried to get one no luck thou.. I know a lot of people on here won't talk about it but its a great looking device..

Sent from my iPhone5using iCafe app

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius Gold

It's a nice phone but the lack of LTE is a deal breaker for me. Reviews also say battery life is not very good. That may be the reason why LTE was not included.

5. Robbinhoodz25

Robbinhoodz25 Member Bronze

With speeds up to 42mb would LTE really be missed?

6. raqball

raqball Zealot Silver

After the fiasco the Galaxy Nexus line recently had on Verizon (never getting updates) it makes sense for Google to sell the devices clear from any carrier influence..

The Nexus 4 along with the new Nexus 7 cellular version use HSPA+... While not LTE it is plenty fast..

I think it makes complete sense for Google to take control of the Nexus line away from carriers!

My .02

7. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius Gold

Do you really think anybody can ever get close to those speeds on HSPA+? Keep in mind, that is theoretical speeds. Totally different from actual speeds. I get between 30-55mb/s on LTE in my area. If I turn off LTE and use HSPA+, I only get around 5mb/s. Huge difference.

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius Platinum

Funny. If Apple did this, they'd get slammed for holding features back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius Gold

It has an awesome SoC, 2GB RAM and very nice display but only available in 8GB and 16GB. No expandable memory. I don't know why reviewers are praising the new camera feature called Photosphere. It's a direct copy of the iPhone app Photosynth from Microsoft which has been around for awhile now.

10. raqball

raqball Zealot Silver

Different devices but I do agree!

The iPhone is seen as a mass consumer device whereas Google has always seen the Nexus line as a developer device that consumers may want as well..

Apple is in a position where it can dictate to the carriers and Google is not.. Apple can say "You want to sell the iPhone, you MUST abide by these rules" and Google cannot..

Hence the lack of crapware and carrier branding on iPhones...

11. lemoon

lemoon Member Bronze

Yeah, it's a great looking device, actually I also want to get a Nexus 4 too. Have read the review and comparison "Nexus 4 vs LG Optimus G (Korean version) vs Samsung Galaxy Nexus (HSPA+ version)" from Engadget, I think it worth a keeping.