iPhone 5 with iOS 5 ? Will you change features on your phone?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
So this is what I am thinking.
Drop down text plan and get more data (if you have not unlimited or it can't be grandfathered in anymore).
I could lower my GB memory. I use most of my memory for Apps and with the cloud why would I need to have them all on my phone? I can get them anytime in a blink of an eye from my "Purchase list"
I actually gotten a few more free Apps now and not stored them on my phone ... thinking: "Who knows when I need that ?" Oh the Appaholic speaking..........
Probably could do that with the songs but I never know what mood I am in LOL
Now besides that does anyone think the OTA updates are some form of Jailbreak control ? My ipad downloaded without me doing anything but turning it on...My iPhones prompted.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I wouldn't change my plan. AT&T offers unlimited Mobile to ANY Mobile (in the US) with their unlimited TEXT plan. Since I have the cheapest voice plan, rollover minutes, and free mobile to mobile on AT&T's network too, the only calls I pay for are the ones to land lines, and that's after I have used up all my 450 minutes + what I have in rollover at the time.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
I wouldn't change my plan. AT&T offers unlimited Mobile to ANY Mobile (in the US) with their unlimited TEXT plan. Since I have the cheapest voice plan, rollover minutes, and free mobile to mobile on AT&T's network too, the only calls I pay for are the ones to land lines, and that's after I have used up all my 450 minutes + what I have in rollover at the time.
that is what I have except more minutes I do not have any housephone haven't had one for years . You know when you make customer service calls you are FOREVER on hold

Dec 17, 2008
PA
The over the air updates are not going to work on a JB phone...it checks to see that the Application Folder is where it should be. Since it's not it won't update. They will have to spoof it some how to get around it.

The good news is it won't ruin your custom JB.

It does not change much, you had to wait for the tethered updates to be JBed anyway. So you'll have the extra step now of restoring the phone before you update. But as of right now it will be under our control.

I heard that on wifi it updates without a prompt, on 3G it prompts...was that the case with your phone and ipad? The ipad was on wifi?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
yes Wifi ipad tether to my phone which is NOT working at the moment :( but I hope! After the back to back releases of BETAs 3 and 4, they fix it quick. I wonder if that is an attemt to get JB under control? If they just update with no announcement ?

N

NoelNigel

Calabro Airport itself is a 600-acre, nontowered, municipal field which was constructed during the Second World War to provide logistical support for the Army Air Corps, but was acquired by the Town of Brookhaven in 1961, whose Division of General Aviation now operates it. The field, sporting two runways-4,200-foot Runway 6-24 and 4,224-foot Runway 15-33-is home to three fixed-base operators which offer tie-down pads.