iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Curious; those with the iPhone 5, does 7.0.1 seem to work flawlessly?

I was wondering about buying a iPhone 5, 32GB and loading iOS 7.0.1 on it. I'm guessing the speed of the OS on the device would be the same as an iPhone 5c, no?

Share your thoughts...

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
From what I have heard, iOS 7.0.1 works well. Of course there are complaints about iOS 7 in general, which usually happens on all big iOS updates. There is now an iOS 7.0.2 to fix a lock screen security bug. However, now there is a new lock screen bug that was recently caught. This being said, there will be an iOS 7.0.3. I will point out, this is how it goes for most if not all of the big iOS updates.

I am looking at a website as we speak, that has discussed the differences in speed performance from iOS 6 and iOS 7. From their graph, it looks to be very similar. This being said, when I install iOS 7, I won't be disappointed. I'd rather have the same if not better performance, than worse.

Sent using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
7.0.1 was iPhone 5S specific, you can't run it on a 5. The 5 will run both 7.0 and 7.0.2 just fine (I've had both). The specs of the iPhone 5 and 5C are basically the same.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I have an iPhone 5 64 GB and so far iOS 7.0 and 7.02 have run without any real problems on my phone. There have been a couple of minor glitches that were quickly resolved with app updates within a couple of days of iOS7's release. I also upgraded my wife and son's 4S phones with similar results.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2013
iOS 7.0.2 brings iOS 7 parity across all supported devices. Alongside the launch of the new iPhones, Apple released iOS 7.0.1, but this release was exclusive to the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
From what I have heard, iOS 7.0.1 works well. Of course there are complaints about iOS 7 in general, which usually happens on all big iOS updates. There is now an iOS 7.0.2 to fix a lock screen security bug. However, now there is a new lock screen bug that was recently caught. This being said, there will be an iOS 7.0.3. I will point out, this is how it goes for most if not all of the big iOS updates.

I am looking at a website as we speak, that has discussed the differences in speed performance from iOS 6 and iOS 7. From their graph, it looks to be very similar. This being said, when I install iOS 7, I won't be disappointed. I'd rather have the same if not better performance, than worse.

Sent using iCafe app
Even i have ip5 br neva faced any issues yet bro

Sent using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I cringe every time I see this thread title. Again, iOS 7.0.1 was only for the 5S, not the 5. Can we edit the title or can the OP clarify that he meant 7.0 or 7.0.2?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My 5 runs very smooth on 7.0.2 no problem whatsoever
iOS 7.0.2 is still quite buggy. I set my phone up from scratch to minimize problems and I'm still experiencing numerous issues. An incoming call crashed my phone last week and I had to do a hard reset to bring it back. There is a black screen with Bluetooth voice dialing (opposed to seeing the person's name). Videos and audio keep playing after an incoming call is kicked over to BT instead of being automatically paused. I can't move cursor to top/bottom (new lines) in the texting app.

And OMG, this isn't an bug, but I loathe the underlined dates and days in iMessages and email. I hope they give us an option to disable that.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
iOS 7.0.2 is still quite buggy. I set my phone up from scratch to minimize problems and I'm still experiencing numerous issues. An incoming call crashed my phone last week and I had to do a hard reset to bring it back. There is a black screen with Bluetooth voice dialing (opposed to seeing the person's name). Videos and audio keep playing after an incoming call is kicked over to BT instead of being automatically paused. I can't move cursor to top/bottom (new lines) in the texting app.

And OMG, this isn't an bug, but I loathe the underlined dates and days in iMessages and email. I hope they give us an option to disable that.
Damn, that's a lot. Only issued I had was the screen went black and home button stopped responding, thought it turned off by itself, came back less then 10 seconds later. Weird but it hasn't happened again. Then the usual bugs on app, like Instagram, on comments I delete words and they appear at the bottom, once I start writing again they go away. But I'm not sure if it's an app issue or the iOS itself.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
My 5 is on 7.0.2 and the only issue I have come across is on the Nike+ app, although I do believe it is app related when the app was updated to iOS 7. When I plug the aux cable into my phone from the treadmill to play music through the treadmill speakers the screen becomes no-responsive. Drove me crazy until I realized what it was. I have to unplug the cable from my phone to get the screen to work. I haven't had any issues with the screen being unresponsive while my headphones are plugged in or when the car stereo aux cable is plugged in.

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Europa, don't the underlined dates and days in messages give you the opportunity to set up a calendar entry by tapping on them? I have used that feature a couple of times but can see where it might be annoying if you accidentally tap on them enough times.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Europa, don't the underlined dates and days in messages give you the opportunity to set up a calendar entry by tapping on them? I have used that feature a couple of times but can see where it might be annoying if you accidentally tap on them enough times.
Yes, but it's something I will never use and it's overkill. If someone says they are going to watch a TV show tomorrow, why would I need "tomorrow" to be a link for my calendar? I've never accidentally tapped on one of the links; I just don't like seeing lots of underlined words in my text messages. It's not even accurate at times. If someone is talking about November in one sentence and then says "Friday" in the next sentence, it will link to this coming Friday. We should have the option to disable this feature.