iPhone 5C color - What is the most popular?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Okay. Here's a story about Mindi and me at the Lorien. I don't think she'll mind this one.

When she flew out to meet me, her sister had given her a code word to use if she called in the case I was a creep or a serial killer. Cute.

It didn't help that before she flew out I joked about having dead women stacked in my closet like cordwood.

iBanana

Silver
Jan 15, 2010
United States
I've only seen 3 5c's out in the wild. All 3 were white though I have yet to see any colors. I've been contemplating on getting my daughter one. I already have a line on my account that I don't use. What is the right age to get a kid an iPhone?
At this point Ive seen kids as young as 8 with em. I guess its a judgment call. If I had a child they wouldn't have a cell phone until probably 7th/8th grade. You know when they get more involved with school & sports. I look back and I know I didn't have one until high school and I survived.

At this point Ive seen kids as young as 8 with em. I guess its a judgment call. If I had a child they wouldn't have a cell phone until probably 7th/8th grade. You know when they get more involved with school & sports. I look back and I know I didn't have one until high school and I survived.
Yeah my daughter is 8 now and I feel like it is way young. Mostly because I didn't have one until high school either but then again cell phones didn't really come out till I was in high school. The only thing that makes me wonder if I should get her one at 8 is she does running club before school and plays soccer after and car pools a lot.

iBanana

Silver
Jan 15, 2010
United States
Yeah my daughter is 8 now and I feel like it is way young. Mostly because I didn't have one until high school either but then again cell phones didn't really come out till I was in high school. The only thing that makes me wonder if I should get her one at 8 is she does running club before school and plays soccer after and car pools a lot.
I think the busier the kids are its more a judgment call. Its hard to believe that its so different now. I just don't see why an 8 year old would need an iPhone you know? I could be wrong (I am not a parent so don't take it as I know everything) but if you really want her to have one it would probably be better to get her a non smart phone. Something does exactly what its supposed to do...make phone calls and send text messages. As she gets older maybe in a few years revisit the idea. I just don't think an 8 year old is responsible enough to have a $550 item every day on their person. Heck I don't think Im responsible enough sometimes!

I think the busier the kids are its more a judgment call. Its hard to believe that its so different now. I just don't see why an 8 year old would need an iPhone you know? I could be wrong (I am not a parent so don't take it as I know everything) but if you really want her to have one it would probably be better to get her a non smart phone. Something does exactly what its supposed to do...make phone calls and send text messages. As she gets older maybe in a few years revisit the idea. I just don't think an 8 year old is responsible enough to have a $550 item every day on their person. Heck I don't think Im responsible enough sometimes!
Agreed I was actually just looking up plain old junk phones and I think it's the best option right now. An added plus is they all seem to be around $30 on craigslist this way I don't use the upgrade on the line (save it for next years iPhone release)

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
@ Napolean: sorry for late response. I LOVE their code "cute" -- now that's cute!

Sent using iPad mini

Nov 22, 2011
All the colors are pastel-feminine, so I had to go with white.

Sent using iCafe app

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I've only seen 3 5c's out in the wild. All 3 were white though I have yet to see any colors. I've been contemplating on getting my daughter one. I already have a line on my account that I don't use. What is the right age to get a kid an iPhone?
Don't you mean 3 5cs?

The right age to get a kid an iPhone, or any smartphone, is about 18 -- when they are old enough to pay the bill and you are no longer responsible for the unsavory websites they may choose to visit.

Sent using iCafe app

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Don't you mean 3 5cs?

The right age to get a kid an iPhone, or any smartphone, is about 18 -- when they are old enough to pay the bill and you are no longer responsible for the unsavory websites they may choose to visit.

Sent using iCafe app
I disagree. Many kids need cell phones earlier because of events at school, etc. What if your son is at an event, your not there, and its gets over and he needs a ride? Or, they get lost and need to call to ask where your at, or they are walking to school or out exercising and they are approached by a stranger? They need a cell phone before they are 18.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I disagree. Many kids need cell phones earlier because of events at school, etc. What if your son is at an event, your not there, and its gets over and he needs a ride? Or, they get lost and need to call to ask where your at, or they are walking to school or out exercising and they are approached by a stranger? They need a cell phone before they are 18.
A cellphone, maybe. A smartphone, no.

Sent using iCafe app

Don't you mean 3 5cs?

Sent using iCafe app
You can easily block internet sites on smartphones. Also I'm a strict enough parent that I would have full control over that smart phone at night. It would be charging in my room where I can monitor it. That will be number one rule.

Sent using iCafe app

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
You can easily block internet sites on smartphones. Also I'm a strict enough parent that I would have full control over that smart phone at night. It would be charging in my room where I can monitor it. That will be number one rule.

Sent using iCafe app
I'd be interested to hear how to block sites on a smart phone.

Sent using iCafe app

I'd be interested to hear how to block sites on a smart phone.

Sent using iCafe app
Disabling safari under restrictions and downloading an app called K9 so that I can block certain websites if my child needs internet for something. It's as easy as that. Already did this on her iPad that she has.

Also I raise my child to be respectful and understand that one slip up would result in the removal of a smartphone from her life and she would move to an old flip phone laying around.

Sent using iCafe app

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Disabling safari under restrictions and downloading an app called K9 so that I can block certain websites if my child needs internet for something. It's as easy as that. Already did this on her iPad that she has.

Also I raise my child to be respectful and understand that one slip up would result in the removal of a smartphone from her life and she would move to an old flip phone laying around.

Sent using iCafe app
Thanks. I'll have to check that out.