iPhone 5C Heating Up Quickly?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 7, 2013
Hello,

I have an iPhone 5C 16GB Blue and I'm loving it a lot! But what bothers me , is actually the heating up issue. After a few minutes of using Whatsapp and Twitter , the top part of the back seems to get warm. Not very warm/not very hot. But I'm kind of worried as my Dad one doesn't seems to be in this way . So anybody can tell me whether it's normal? :( Thank you in advance.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Did it just start doing this, or have you only just noticed it?

I wonder if you have lots of apps running. Double click on the home button, and close some apps.

Failing the above, try restarting the device, and use it for a few minutes and see if that makes a difference...

Aug 7, 2013

I wonder if you have lots of apps running. Double click on the home button, and close some apps.

Failing the above, try restarting the device, and use it for a few minutes and see if that makes a difference...

I have this habit of clearing background tasks every time before I lock my phone . And yes, I just got mine iPhone 5c 2 days ago. Any help?

Sent using iCafe app

Aug 7, 2013

After 15 minutes of gaming (( Flow Bridge )) it gets warm . Not hot just a little warm. So it's normal ?

Sent using iCafe app

Aug 7, 2013
Yes. That is normal.
But I find it weird sometimes! Maybe just a minute or two after using what's app and twitter , it starts to get a little warm... :/ why am I always the one getting a defected unit. Previously is my iPod Touch... So normal or abnormal?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
But I find it weird sometimes! Maybe just a minute or two after using what's app and twitter , it starts to get a little warm... :/ why am I always the one getting a defected unit. Previously is my iPod Touch... So normal or abnormal?
It's normal for iPhones to get warm during usage. They can get hot while playing games, but it shouldn't hot enough to burn your hand. Playstations and Xboxs get pretty warm during usage too. Games are processor-intensive.

Aug 7, 2013
It's normal for iPhones to get warm during usage. They can get hot while playing games, but it shouldn't hot enough to burn your hand. Playstations and Xboxs get pretty warm during usage too. Games are processor-intensive.
But even when I'm not playing games, just whatsapping for a few minutes , it gets warm , I'm pretty concerned...

Sent using iCafe app

Miz.Michele

Bronze
Sep 6, 2010
I had purchased a 5C and the phone was getting VERY hot. Even the plug in the charger. I had only had it for a few days. Went back to T-Mobile and they tried to give me a Samsung charger and I said no. They weren't too helpful and finally gave me a new charger. Phone was still was getting very hot. Went back again and said I either wanted a refund or an exchange and they gave me a new phone. I was within the 14 day period and I guess I just a dud.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I had purchased a 5C and the phone was getting VERY hot. Even the plug in the charger. I had only had it for a few days. Went back to T-Mobile and they tried to give me a Samsung charger and I said no. they gave me a new charger and it still was getting was very hot. Went back again and said I either wanted a refund or an exchange and they gave me a new phone. I was within the 14 day period and I guess I just a job.
Glad to hear you got it resolved properly.

They tried to give you a Samsung charger?! What a bunch of idiots.