iPhone 5c, old technology?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Be advised that the Oxford comma is normally used when talking about three or more terms or items. Not trying to blow my own horn here, but I think my solution is the most elegant and practical. By switching the order of "bigger battery" and "colors," it puts "colors" before the adjective "bigger," eliminating any ambiguity or confusion.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
For me, we've gotten to a point where even one year old tech is plenty good enough. Remember how everyone (including me) was lambasting Apple for lack of NFC in the iPhone 5? The truth of the matter is that NFC isn't a big deal yet. In another year or so it might become that big deal. Certainly in 3 years it will be a "must have" feature. But right now who uses NFC? Maybe it's my roots as a BlackBerry user, but I'm used to waiting for features for years that other platforms have. It took BlackBerry forever to get 3G! Sometimes I felt like a pioneer crossing the country in my covered wagon, watching folks speed along the interstate in cars right beside me. "Yeah, one of these days I'm gonna have myself one of those new-fangled automobiles." So while I'm sporting the 5s now, I no longer sweat not having a 41MP camer or the gnarliest quad core processor or a micro USB card. I say "Bah!"

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
For me, we've gotten to a point where even one year old tech is plenty good enough. Remember how everyone (including me) was lambasting Apple for lack of NFC in the iPhone 5? The truth of the matter is that NFC isn't a big deal yet. In another year or so it might become that big deal. Certainly in 3 years it will be a "must have" feature. But right now who uses NFC? Maybe it's my roots as a BlackBerry user, but I'm used to waiting for features for years that other platforms have. It took BlackBerry forever to get 3G! Sometimes I felt like a pioneer crossing the country in my covered wagon, watching folks speed along the interstate in cars right beside me. "Yeah, one of these days I'm gonna have myself one of those new-fangled automobiles." So while I'm sporting the 5s now, I no longer sweat not having a 41MP camer or the gnarliest quad core processor or a micro USB card. I say "Bah!"
I agree NFC is not big yet. If Apple decides to implement it, they will no doubt rebrand it with their own name and then it may become main stream.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I hear what rambo47 is saying. But I do wish, sometimes, that Apple offered a device with a memory card option. Albeit, yes, we're moving more to cloud storage. But...

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
It is nice I don't have it but almost did...they are same as iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I like my iPhone regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
The "c" in the iPhone 5c stands for color not cheap. It might be the iPhone 5 with a new plastic back but it's still a very capable device that will have update support for years to come. Unlike other phone makers who abandon their devices after a year of release.

RBNetEngr

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2013
The 5c has a better cellular radio than the iPhone 5. It has the same radio as the iPhone 5s. In particular, the 5c and 5s support the full range of available LTE radio bands, while the iPhone 5 only supports a few.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
The 5c has a better cellular radio than the iPhone 5. It has the same radio as the iPhone 5s. In particular, the 5c and 5s support the full range of available LTE radio bands, while the iPhone 5 only supports a few.
True! My wife loves her 5c.